Caps Lock Sends a Left Click

When typing in either word or notes or anything else, pressing the caps lock button sends a "left click". so if i type a paragraph and the mouse is not at the end of the paragraph (why would it be?) pressing the caps lock button will move the cursor to wherever the mouse is. very disorienting.

After checking the chart it shows a "left click" action that correlates with the caps lock issue. Its definitely BTT as the caps lock button does not send a "left click" when BTT is closed.

Note: Before bug reporting, please make sure you have tried the latest (alpha) version of BetterTouchTool and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
The affected input device is the keyboard

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
  • macOS version: 10.14.5 (18F132)
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.157

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):
The only workaround ive managed is to either quit BTT when i need to use the capslock button or make sure the cursor is where it should be before pressing caps lock. Sorry if this is a feature and not a bug but i have been unable to locate the setting to enable/disable this functionality.

As BTT doesn't do stuff like this on its own, you probably have defined such an action in either the keyboard shortcuts section or the key sequences section in BTT :slight_smile:
Deleting it will fix this.

Thank you so much. i have no idea how it got defined in the key sequences. I had checked keyboard shortcuts but had no idea that key sequences existed lol. I checked Key Sequences and there was a sequence for caps lock. deleting it fixed the problem.

thanks again.

1 Like