Describe the bug
I have set up the Caps Lock as Hyper key shortcut, and assigned a Named Trigger to Toggle Caps Lock. If I restart BTT, I can toggle caps lock again, but after I use it as Hyper a single time, toggle caps lock stops working. The Hyper key functionality continues to work, Caps Lock just never toggles.
For what it's worth, my external keyboard has an LED indicator for caps lock.
- with the Caps as Hyper shortcut disabled, or BTT not running, the indicator solidly toggles on and off
- with the shortcut enabled/BTT running, before I have used the shortcut, the indicator flickers on (blinks once and then stays on)
- with the shortcut enabled, after having used it at least once, the indicator flickers whenever I press the Caps Lock key but does not remain on
Also, the HUD overlay never appears for the named trigger, even when I have it enabled.
Note that I get the same behavior on my internal MacBook keyboard, even though that does not have any indicators.
Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
MacBook keyboard, USB keyboard, Bluetooth keyboard
- Type of Mac: MacBook Pro
- macOS version: 12.6.3 Monterey
- BetterTouchTool version: 4.075