Can't use control button + left/right arrow key for keyboard shortcut

Describe the bug
On the Keyboard Shortcuts page of preferences, I set left half to control-left arrow (^←), but then when I try hitting those keys it does nothing. Same issue for right half: control-right arrow. I am able to use control-up arrow and control-down arrow. I can also use command or option plus left/right arrow keys and it works correctly. Not sure why these 2 aren't working, maybe some other app already is using those shortcuts?

I am transferring from my old 2015 MacBook Pro that was able to use the control-arrow setup and have my muscle memory set to it. It was also running Mac OS 12.3. Not sure what is different with this setup.

Thanks for any help you can give on this.

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Air M1
  • macOS version: 12.3
  • BetterTouchTool version: 1.9.5

possibly some other app that was launched after BST, has reserved that shortcut for itself. I’d recommend to try quitting all apps and see whether you can then record the shortcut.

On further investigation, looks like it is Mission Control. I was able to disable the Mission Control shortcuts by going to System Prefs:Keyboard:Shortcuts, then going to Mission Control and unchecking the "Move left a space" and "Move right a space" options.

Now I can once again use the ctrl-left/right arrows with BetterSnapTool.

Thanks,
Matt