can't run BTT after 14 update

BTT does not open after clicking on it. did restart, not sure what else to do. Don't want to loose my settings.
On lastest ventura, 27inch iMac, 3,4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

is there a crashlog in the macOS console.app under "crash reports"?

You can backup your settings by copying this folder : ~/Library/Application Support/BetterTouchTool (go there via Finder --> Go -> Go to Folder, make sure to include the ~)

Good day Andreas! Yes, there is.
do you want it?

ezyzip.zip (4.5 KB)

Downloaded dmg again, replaced it with the on in applications, but still it's not starting

I'm seeing same issue on Monterey on Apple Silicon Macbook Pro since the upgrade today. Only thing in process list is BetterTouchProcessPrioWatcher (nothing with btt); killing it respawns a new one, even when -9 is used. (Using pstree I see that launchd opens it, which explains why it starts even after a reboot not having run BetterTouchTool yet.)

the 4.0 version is trying to migrate some parts of the BTT database. For some reason there seems to be a weird corruption in yours that leads to an endless loop and eventually crashes BTT.

I'll upload another build in a minute that will break the cycle, but I'm not sure what exactly causes this for you. It seems like some trigger has itself in a parent-child relation.

Did you previously use the experimental Dropbox or iCloud sync?

Could you try this build?
btt4.001-2214.zip (folivora.ai)

I am pleased to report that the 001-2214 build launches successfully. And yes, I do have the Dropbox sync enabled.

Good day Andreas! Just wanted to report that the 001-2214 build is also working for me :slight_smile:
Thank you!