Cannot create a command "⇧⌘4" (or "^⇧⌘4" or "⌥⇧⌘4" or "^⌥⇧⌘4")

I try to create a command consisting of or containing "⇧⌘4". When I type it into the "Click here to record a shortcut" input, all modifiers are registered but the command is not registered.

The obvious culprit would be an existing MacOS keyboard shortcut intercepting these combinations (e.g. screenshot). I have definitely disabled those, and I have also looked in "Accessibility > keyboard" to confirm there are no conflicting keyboard shortcuts. Furthermore, there are MacOS shortcuts that I have NOT disabled for, e.g., "⇧⌘3", and it doesn't prevent me from creating a command like "^⌥⇧⌘3".

I did check and I do not have other BTT shortcuts that conflict. Where else might I have to check for shortcuts that interrupt this command?

I have been using BTT for years, I think of myself as a power user, and I think this is weird and bad and not my fault. Please advise!

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):

Internal keyboard and external keyboard.

Device information:

• Type of Mac: Macbook Pro 2021
  • macOS version: 12.1
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.750

Thank you! I love BTT so much.

Have you already tried to restart your machine?

In such cases, usually some other app that was launched before BTT is blocking the shortcuts.

Other shortcuts do record fine for you?

I restarted and quit all the other apps I could think of - karabiner, Dropbox (which apparently can try to intercept screenshots), and Logitech options.

The command does not appear in "karabiner eventviewer", which I believe gets input before BTT. So I've confirmed it's almost definitely not a BTT issue, but I still would love support if you're willing.

I'm not sure what else to try. Do you have any suggestions?