CAG as a trigger: open a Touch Bar group

Describe the bug
Long time ago, I created my preset with a "basic strip" being visible all the time. Depending on the frontmost App, a CAG would show a button on the right side of the TouchBar, which can open a Touch Bar Group suited for the used application. So I created

• The CAG AB containing a button that opens up the desired Touch Bar Group XY.
  • In the "All Apps" section, I created the desired Touch Bar Group XY

Example here: The Safari button on the right is the group that appears if Safari is frontmost.

Now, for some programs I wanted its group to open up right away. So I added one more trigger:

• Named & Other Triggers: CAG activated: AB → Open Touch Bar Group: XY

Works like a charm for my old creations, such as BTT!
Now recently I wanted to add more groups with this scheme, and failed desperately.
Here the screenshots (for BTT) of what I do:

Now if I create a new "workflow" with the same scheme, I fail desperately. Here is what I did for steam:

And all I get is the steam group button on the right side of my Touch Bar. The group just won't open up.

@Andreas_Hegenberg this drives me crazy, any idea of the why?

Affected input device:
Touch Bar

Screenshots
Above

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBookPro15,1
  • macOS version: 10.15.2 Beta (19C32e)
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.209

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):
xxx

I have the same problem. I can open the group manually by pressing its Touch Bar button, I can trigger other actions with "CAG activated", I can "Open Touch Bar Group" using other triggers, like "Move Mouse to Bottom Edge of Screen", but " CAG activated: AB → Open Touch Bar Group: XY" does not work.

I have the CAG set activate with Mail.app, and I did notice that if I open Mail.app and restart BTT, the trigger does work (group is opened). But if I then switch apps and back to Mail.app, it does not open.

I recently discovered these new triggers:
Could solve some of the problems (if we speak about CAG for just an App), didn't dig into it yet.

Tested with Specific App Did Activate. It does work and saves the step of creating a CAG (if you're only using it to trigger on app activation as pointed out). The original issue appears to be a bug.

1 Like