Bug with using key combinations

Describe the bug
A clear and concise description of what the bug is.

A few months ago, a bug was introduced where using the combination opt+cmd+del (has to be in that order) would no longer function. I tried rewriting the action and adding delays but it never completes the action as before or desired.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
I'm using a MT1 with the pinch function as the trigger.

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem. (You can just paste or drag them here)

Device information:

• Type of Mac: imac
  • macOS version: 10.13.4
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.503

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

Note: Before bug reporting, please make sure you have the latest version of BetterTouchTool and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.

Is your pinch gesture still enabled in system preferences => trackpad?
What are you using this shortcut for?

Yes, it doesn't respond if pinch is disabled. I'm using the shortcut for a program called Transmission. I can see that the alt key is activated when I use the gesture. I'm unsure where it fails after that.
The action was working before, for a long time, but I don't recall what version caused the issue sometime this year.

Wait, can't you just configure it like this?

I reworked it and added the delays because I was attempting to fix the issue. I believe that is how I had it before, when I noticed it wasn't working anymore. I didn't save a backup, but I'm sure that is exactly how I had it setup. Well, I just changed it back to that and it works! Thanks for the awesome support and I really like the way the website design.

1 Like

Awesome!
It is definitely possible that the way you did it worked with previous versions, but the version in the screenshot is much more performant and more reliable.

Great! Thank you again for this awesome software. It really helps and I keep finding new ways to use it.