BTTCurrentlyPlaying and BTTCurrentlyPlayingApp not updating in Sierra 10.12.6

Describe the bug
On my MacBook Pro running Sierra, BTTCurrentlyPlaying and BTTCurrentlyPlayingApp always show empty values in the Conditional Activation Group editor, despite having iTunes playing.

Screenshot attached

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro 2011
  • macOS version: 10.12.6
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.069

These require the macOS "now playing api", which unfortunately was introduced with 10.13.x

1 Like

Thanks, that explains it.

yep, sorry. I should hide them on 10.12 ;-(
Any reason you are not updating? 10.12 contains some horrendous security issues :slight_smile:

Yeah I just reinstalled 10.12 because 10.13 was crashing a lot on my 2011 MacBook Pro which suffers from GPUgate. 10.12 seems to be better at sticking with the integrated graphics card.

have you tried https://gfx.io? It lets you select which gpu macOS should use.

Yes - thanks, I'm running that. gfxCardStatus helps but it seems the GPU is still able to activate momentarily and this tends to happen more on High Sierra. There are some other hacks like removing the discreet graphics driver kexts but that has other trade-offs such as disabling power management of the GPU.

Not a big deal. The 2011 Macbook's not my main machine - I just have it in the kitchen as a music jukebox with lots of BTT shortcuts for triggering playlists, handling airplay volume, etc!