BTT won't start on my Mac.

BetterTouchTool won't start on my Mac. It was working normally yesterday, but it just refuses to run.
I always leave it to update automatically, so I'm the newest version.
Already tried to restart the system and reinstalling BTT. When I click on it's icon on launchpad, nothing happens.

Affected input device is all of them. BTT doesn't start

Macbook Pro 2016: i7, 16gb ram, 256 ssd
MacOS Catalina 10.15
Latest official BTT version

Won't BTT ever work anymore? I'm still trying with no success.
EDIT: I was using Aquatouch before it stopped working, not sure if this counts.
EDIT 2: Tried to manually delete all of it's folders and reinstalling. No success.

Hey,

you can probably fix it by following the steps described here: https://folivora.ai/blog/post/13010
If that doesn't help, could you check whether there are any crashlogs in the macOS Console app under "User Reports"?

Thanks for the response, Andreas.
It did the trick! I just can't believe it was that simple. Thank you again.

1 Like

I'm having this issue and the steps listed in the link within the Solution does not work. I do have errors in the console and can provide those directly to someone who can help me. The Application Specific Information: error states:

abort() called
terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException```

I'm also unable to start BTT like CVarela described.

If I try to launch it, it crashes. I then see a dialog asking I would like to send a report to apple. It provides the following details:

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_INSTRUCTION (SIGILL)
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal:    Illegal instruction: 4
Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0x4
Terminating Process:   exc handler [2190]

Application Specific Information:
Crashing on exception: -[NSFlippableView(0x7fce549a0270) lockFocus] failed with window=0x0, windowNumber=0, [self isHiddenOrHasHiddenAncestor]=0

I'm on the alpha channel and have only started seeing this problem a few days ago after updating. I'm unable to switch off alpha (since I can't open up BTT settings).

I also tried following the steps in the solution linked above. I already had these settings enabled, and trying to disable them caused my computer to freeze and required a hard restart.

Let me know if I can provide any more information :grinning: and thank you for any help!

EDIT: I tried removing BTT from my Privacy>Accessibility apps, then added it again, and after that was able to launch the app again. @CVarela maybe that would help you as well?

@juancaicedo I have tried that multiple times. It still doesn't work.

Same problem here - v 3.219 (1396). That is to say: BTT itself starts and is working as supposed, but on opening the configuration window I get a crash report (see attachment) but strangely the app continues to work.
Removing and adding BTT to the Accessibility apps didn't help.
BetterTouchTool_2020-01-08-100812_MacBookPro-2.crash (98.7 KB) .

Imprint | Privacy Policy