BTT requires restart to get custom Snap Areas to work

Hi! I have an issue where after my computer sleeps and/or after a period of time, the only way I can get custom Snap Areas to work is to restart BTT (which I do via the menu bar icon). I have tried restarting my computer, uninstall/reinstalling BTT, and removing/re-adding MacOS permissions.

Any guidance is appreciated!

Device information:

• Type of Mac: Mac Mini (2018), i7
  • macOS version: 10.15.4
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.365 (1582) - it's currently a trial version as this is a new computer (I have an older version of the tool on my previous computer)

Same hier. It's very frustrating.

Hey @Andreas_Hegenberg - any update on this? I'm coming up on the end of my trial period, and while I'm planning on paying for BTT, I'm wondering if this issue will be resolved at some point in the future or if it's just a limitation of the software. Thanks for your help!

@Andreas_Hegenberg Circling back - still seems to be an issue.

BTW - I bought a license so I'm on the non-trial version now, and this still seems to be an issue. Please help - thanks!

Yep, you're not the only one. I've been having this problem for several months. I need to restart BTT at least once a day to get the custom snap areas working. I haven't been able to figure out what kills it from working suddenly. It would be good if the developer would acknowledge this thread.

unfortunately I haven’t been able to reproduce this yet, but I’m currently exploring a few potential causes.

Can this always be reproduced on your machine?

Thanks for the response. Yes. It happens at least once per day, but I don't know why it happens. The snap area doesn't exist. It can't be triggered by dragging the allocated window, nor the trackpad trigger, nor the touch bar trigger. Restarting BTT makes it work again… for a while. Does BTT have a log file? I can't find one.

Yup, I have seen this also. Don't know what particularly causes it, but it's about once a day. A quick restart of BTT fixes it.

OH, I found this thread again. I'm still having the same issue, but it's not just the custom snap areas that fail to work. It's also the Touch Bar triggers that disappear. At least once per day.