BTT now-playing-widget not working: not showing title, play/pause not working

Hi everybody,
I have trouble with BTT's now-playing-widget. It is not showing the current track or play/pauses itunes.
I am using BTT 2.864 on macOS 10.14.5 on a mbp 2018.
This error persists for me now since several BTT updates, I have tried removing, re-adding the widget, restarting both BTT and itunes but those two do not want to communicate. I have also noted that the touchpad makes the force click sound if I tap the widget. Seems strange.
Remark: The standard play/pause on the control strip is also not working for me, but this is the default behavior, I think?
As work around i am currently using an Apple script to fetch track/artist from itunes but this solution is not so smooth.

I hope you have an idea to get it working
Best
-johannes

Does the now playing widget in the system notification center work? (here the now playing widget works fine using the goldenchaos preset)

Hi Andreas,
no it does not work.

-johannes

Then I'd try to restart your system, BTT uses the same info as the system notification center widget.

hi,
i did the restart.
also some other methods to get the notification center working again. The strange thing is: the other widgets (whether etc.) are working. But not the now playing widget.

-johannes

ahhh.
ok I found it.
in itunes settings:
General -> Notifications -> Now playing
has to be turned on.
Thanks for your help. You gave me the hint to solve that.

Best
-Johannes

1 Like

Good to know! Thanks for sharing.