BTT not working anymore

Describe the bug
Suddenly, BTT is not working anymore - no window snapping and no keyboard shortcuts. Updating to 2.900 and restarting the system didn't help.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Keyboard, Window Snapping

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro 13" 2016
  • macOS version: 10.14.4
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.900

possibly try removing and re-adding it to the accessibility api list in System Preferences => Security & Privacy => Privacy => Accessibility

Sorry, forgot to mention. Already did that.

Is BTT maybe disabled? (I.e. the menubar icon is greyed out?)

Oh my, yes. It was. However, the icon wasn't greyed out (it was still white) and I didn't even know that it could be disabled. :slight_smile:

Strange...

But the menu item said "Enable BTT". After enabling it again, it worked. Thanks!

Oh are you using dark mode? Possibly I haven't added a disabled-state icon there yet :sweat_smile:

:smiley: Yes, I am.

1 Like

I'll fix that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there a shortcut to disable BTT? Perhaps I accidently hit that.

Mh, only if you explicitly added one. It doesn't have a default shortcut for that.
BTT can also be disabled globally by using the app-specific settings on the "global / all apps" item.

1 Like

Hello! For some reason I checked all of the above but I still cannot increase the trackpad speed, any thoughts?

Yay! Same here... every 6 months or so, don't know how, but I seem to disable BTT and hate my life for a few hours until I come here, see this thread and remember there's this disable thingy. I'm more attached to your app than to water dude.