BTT not playing nice w/ Skim (PDF reader for OSX)

Describe the bug
BTT keyboard shortcuts don't work properly w/ Skim.
Ex: Max Window R → random resizing of window for a long time, then suddenly works (see screenshot)
(Note: both the bug and the resultant behavior -- described above -- is inconsistent. Sometimes everything works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it does the random resizing like this, sometimes it doesn't. Doesn't appear to be file-related.)

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Keyboard

Screenshots

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014)
  • macOS version: 10.13.5 (17F77)
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.512 (849)

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

This is an intermittent but persistent bug from earlier versions.

Unfortunately this is most likely not an issue in BTT but in Skim's handling of the resizing API (accessibility api). I'll look into it, but may not be able to fix this.

Thank you. I will post a bug report to Skim, then, and see what they say. Cheers.

Hi! Not sure if this is related but my Acrobat 9 which works ok in Mac Sierra and has been able to do things like snap to a corner region has now stopped working. Quitting and relaunching can fix it at times and rebooting is necessary at other times before it works again. Other than this specific issue I've never had a problem with BTT. I am running 2.513 on Mac OS X Sierra (latest) Macbook pro 13" from 2012 with 16Gb ram and a Terabyte SSD. Actually pretty zippy since the switch to Sierra.

The typically belligerent and unhelpful response from the Skim folks was:

I have no idea what you are talki9ng about. We don't have maximize right or maximaize left actions. If some other addition adds those, it is their responsibikity to do it right, not ours.

The bug was marked "invalid."
https://sourceforge.net/p/skim-app/bugs/1265/

Thanks for contacting them though :slight_smile:
Could you attach or send me an export of your BTT settings so I can try to reproduce it with the exact same setup? I'll then post a reply to your Skim issue .

My settings:

⌘↘ Maximize Window Right
⌘↖ Maximize Window Left
⌘⇞ Maximize Window
⌘⇟ Maximize Window to Next Monitor

That's it.

Also, I now see that snap (mouse drag-drop) isn't behaving correctly either. I can try to provide video if you need it.

Mhh I have now had Skim running for an hour and tried to reproduce it, but so far I couldn't :frowning:
Do you know any way how to trigger this behavior?

I think it might have to do with connecting and disconnecting from an external monitor, but I can't verify this as I'm on a business trip.