BTT no longer recognizes key sequences upon upgrade to Big Sur (2021)

Describe the bug
Standard Macbook Pro laptop keyboard no longer responds to any key sequences / typed words as a trigger in BTT. When trying to record a new key sequence trigger, modifier keys are recorded correctly, but letter keys do not appear when pressed and are not recorded at all. Same problem with USB-connected Apple Keyboard.

Shortcut triggers still work fine. Both integrated laptop keyboard and Apple USB keyboard appear to work normally outside of BTT trigger issue.

This problem started immediately upon upgrading Mac OS from Catalina to Big Sur. Previously had no problems with keyboards or keyboard shortcuts in Catalina.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Laptop keyboard, and USB Apple desktop keyboard

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports), 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
  • macOS version: 11.5.2 (Big Sur)
  • BetterTouchTool version: (please post the exact version - not just "the latest one")
    BTT 3.5.8.1

Most likely some app has activated secure input mode and not deactivated it again. This will prevent BTT from receiving key events. BTT will show a warning about this when clicking on the BTT menubar icon.

To solve this, lock & unlock your Mac.

If that doesn't help, make sure BTT has the accessibility permissions in System Preferences => Security & Privacy => Privacy. Possibly remove & readd it to the list there.

Just for dummies like me, ...

I tried using key sequences last evening and spent a lot of time on it and it did seem to work, ... and like what could be so simple as a simple snippet routine.

I tried your suggestion to no avail, ... then the snippet start working intermittently. It took a while to realise this was a keyboard speed issue. It then took a while to find what was in plain sight the keyboard adjustment on the keyboard sequence interface.

I wondered why the apparent "default" required such fast typing and then I couldn't see any way of ensuring a convenient default for my typing speed in future keyboard sequence routines I create ?