BTT latest update makes Trackpad very unreliable

Since the last update, BTT makes the trackpad behave very unreliably (both Magic Trackpad as well as built-in trackpad). Clicking on anything may take several retries, and also gestures are most of the time only working after trying several times.

• Type of Mac: MBP late 2016
  • macOS version: Mojave (10.14.3)
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.719 (1030)

Steps taken so far:

Reboot, remove com.apple.AppleMultitouchTrackpad* etc. from ~/Library/Preferences, then restart. Nothing helped. Stopping BTT immediately resolves the problems.

I can't see such a problem here, but it would be great if you'd go to the about tab in BTT and click the "Export Debug Information" button. This will create a folder called BetterTouchToolDebug that you can zip and send to andreas@folivora.ai - this will probably allow me to see what's wrong.

After doing that you can just downgrade to a previous non-alpha version for now: https://folivora.ai/releases

Issue has been resolved via email communication. Seems a faulty USB Stick was the culprit.

Thanks for the excellent and immediate support, Andreas.

Yes, indeed, the problem was resolved. I had an apparently faulty USB Stick connected to a USB3 hub that in turn was connected to a Thunderbolt 3 Hub. Andreas found in the BTT logs that there was a USB device constantly disconnecting, which affected BTT. Using the Apple Console, I was able to see those events and then, disconnecting one cable after the other, found the culprit. BTT works very well, as always, now.

Thanks again!

Ah maybe in that case the USB stick is not even faulty but one of the USB hubs doesn't provide enough power to keep it connected.