BTT interfering with system default 3 Finger Swipe

I use the system default 3 Finger Swipe to go back and forth between pages.

Consequently, I haven't used 3 Finger Left/Right for any actions in my BTT gestures.

The bug is that a couple of times during the day (1 or 2 times from what I can remember) my input for this default gesture won't have any effect at all. So, if I swipe left with 3F in Safari (or Settings, or Finder etc) it won't go back to the previous page.

To fix, I have to go into the settings provided in the image and disable then re-enable that highlighted setting.

I don't know how to deliberately reproduce this but I do know that it only happens when I am using BTT – I tested for a week without the app (yes, it was very hard) and the problem didn't show itself so I'm certain its related to BTT.

This happened in High Sierra as well so I doubt it is Mojave related.

If it helps, I do have 3F related gestures: Up and Down (with trackpad)

And I've set up my mouse buttons to trigger the predefined actions of 3F Left/Right.

EDIT: I uploaded two different files but somehow its showing the the same image. (The file name on this code is different as well...) I've re-uploaded

Device information:

• Type of Mac: rMBP nTB
  • macOS version: 10.14.2
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.660

As a workaround, you could disable the option in the system prefs and add the function inside of BTT on a system wide basis (general). ⌘← and ⌘→ as Keyboard shortcuts should do the work.

While that would probably work, the shortcut would trigger the highlight thing in the menubar. So for Safari cmd+[ would highlight the 'History'.

Small gripe, I know, but I personally find that really annoying.

As a solution I was thinking to disable the system setting all together and then set up the 3F left/right predefined action as I have with my mouse.