BTT doesnt start in macOS 10.14 Mojave

What gesture / action combinations have you tried? Does live view show everything ok?

In general everything should work fine on Mojave, there are no known issues apart from some tiny glitches that will be fixed before the official release.

yes live view shows that it sees the mouse, but nothing else works. When you first download the application and open it, shouldn't basic tap functions work?

I reset to all original settings and it still does not work.

no! BTT doesn't come with any pre-set configurations. You first need to configure what you want BTT to do.

I get this error message when attempting to add some AppleScript to check my Reminders and add the most recent one to the widget.

Running macOS Mojave, newest build, using the newest version from the website as a trial.

Opinion:
So far I am enjoying it very much, and have already deleted some menu bar icons in favor of this tool, it is quite useful. Wish I knew about this sooner!

This Apple event authorization feature in Mojave is currently kind of broken. Should be fixed in the upcoming Mojave builds.

1 Like

not working for me either

download a current version of BTT :slight_smile:

I just upgraded to Mojave, official release, and BTT will not start. I installed the latest full release of BTT, and still no luck. It's enabled in security/privacy settings. Below is the most relevant-looking part of the crash log. I can send the rest if you're interested. Please help! If this isn't resolved I'll have to downgrade to High Sierra (huge pain in the ass) because I go crazy without BTT.

EDITED TO ADD: SOLVED!
Had to delete BTT from security/privacy list and re-add.
Is this a common issue? Maybe it could be documented more clearly.

[removed crash log data]

I had the same issue and resolved it for your suggestion. Thanks!

Andreas

I purchased 2 lifetime licences and am on Mohave 10.14 and it does not work. Everything use to be fine before I upgraded but now I feel ripped off. I have tried everything on this chat but still no luck

Please let me know the right solution so I can once again be a happy user

have you already tried the steps described here? https://folivora.ai/blog/post/13005

That did it for me, thanks:

" In case BetterTouchTool or BetterSnapTool don't work on your Mojave installation, try to go to System Preferences => Security & Privacy => Privacy => Accessibility. Then delete BTT / BST from that list and add it again."

I updated my mac to Mojave 10.14.5 and BTT version 3.02 would not run. It crashed before launch.
I fixed the problem by uninstalling BTT, restarting my mac and removing BTT entry from Security / Accessibility (as mentioned above) and then re-installing BTT.
Hope this helps someone!

Unable to start my MBP with using this, btw this is 10.15 Catalina.

did you delete it from the Accessibility list? (unchecking is not enough)

Alternatively run this terminal command:
tccutil reset All com.hegenberg.BetterTouchTool

Yes, I did. The thing is when my MBP went to sleep at night, and the other day morning I woke up, there is no way to log myself in, I have to restart my MBP.