BTT "Close All Notification Alerts" action does not work

Describe the bug
I have set up BTT to clear all notification alerts when tapping 5 fingers on the trackpad. The trigger is performed (since I have a HUD text displayed), however notification alerts do not clear from the Notification Center nor banners.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):

MacBook Trackpad

Screenshots

Device information:

• Type of Mac: M1 Air
  • macOS version: Big Sur 11.5.2
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.579

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

Having the same issue, in the same environment.

On macOS Big Sur or later you can use this snippet: https://gist.githubusercontent.com/lancethomps/a5ac103f334b171f70ce2ff983220b4f/raw/a8a32064cfa295fa161111e66152b29f65543fdb/close_notifications_applescript.js and run it using the "Run Javascript (async in background)" action. Make sure to select "Source Type: Apple JavaScript for Automation".

I'll soon integrate something like this in BTT as well.

If you are using a non-english system you will need to adapt the terms at the beginning of the script.

I just rewrote the action in BTT 3.593, it should now work again on Big Sur and Monterey.

Just saw the fix in the release notes and was hoping it would fix my problem, too.

Unfortunately it's still not working for me. Are we talking about the same notifications? I would like to get rid of these things here...

Yes these :slight_smile: , which macOS version are you currently running?

Does BTT have the Accessibility permissions in System Preferences-> Security & Privacy -> Privacy?

What type of trigger are you using to call the action?

I'm on Big Sur 11.6 (20G165), accessibility permissions are set and I was trying a touch bar button and a keyboard shortcut for a trigger.

I think I might have found the issue. Is your system set to British or Australian English? If so the Notification Center process is not called "Notification Center" but "Notification Centre" and BTT didn't differentiate for these differences. Should now be fixed in 3.596 (currently uploading)

1 Like

My system language was plain "English" with no special region. I switched to "English (US)" and now it's working (even without your fix).
But people in England and Down Under will be happy now! :grinning:

Screen Shot 2021-10-24 at 09.48.22