BTT always freezes after using it for only about a minute

Whenever I launch BTT, after about only a minute, the entire program freezes. To make matters worse, it also stops my trackpad from clicking (moving and gestures work fine) so I have to use terminal to kill the app.

I've been having the problem since I updated to a Big Sur beta a while ago, but I figured I would wait until I updated to the full release to make this thread because I wouldn't expect stuff to work perfectly on a beta.

I've tried rebooting, reinstalling btt, everything I can think of. Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

Device information:

• Type of Mac: 13" 2020 MacBook Pro
  • macOS version: Big Sur 11.0.1
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.504

I feel like I started getting that with 3.504 on 2 different MacBook Pros, but both running Catalina, along with beachballs and just system freezing, other apps not responding. I have had to disable BTT for now.

1 Like

I had the same issue last night and it persisted like an hour after uninstalling BTT but the system and BTT is normal again now.

BTT is a great tool and perfect idea but I don't think the software is as great as the idea.

This was an Apple bug that is fixed now (https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=25075144)

Ich entschuldige mich dafür, dass ich das App beschuldigt habe.

Sorry that I blamed BTT! Though in the past, BTT has more than once caused some weirdness, and I am running Alpha, so that is on me!