Brightness and Keyboard Illumination both increase when assigned different modifier key triggers

What I want to do:

• Use two finger swipe left/right to decrease/increase volume in small steps (works as expected)
  • Use two finger swipe left/right, while holding Shift ⇧ to decrease/increase volume (works as expected)
  • Use three finger swipe left/right to decrease/increase brightness in small steps (works as expected)
  • Use three finger swipe left/right, while holding Shift ⇧ to decrease/increase brightness (works as expected)
  • Use three finger swipe left right, while hold Command ⌘ to decrease/increase keyboard backlight (going left/decrease works as expected, going right/increasing does not)

The issue:

When holding Command ⌘ and three finger swiping right, both the brightness and keyboard backlight increase. This issue does not happen when going left/decreasing.

Video (~5.2 MB):

I was going to map two finger swipe plus modifier to something but it also triggers back/forward in browser so I abandoned. Maybe BTT isn't capable of not triggering two finger swipe?