Blender does not recognize the BTT Shift modifier

Blender does not recognize the BTT Shift modifier.

Under the Trackpad Menu, I have the 4 Finger Swipe Right gesture assigned to the Custom Keyboard Shortcut [Shift A] which should bring up a menu to add an object. Instead, it toggles the Select/Deselect action which is what happens when you enter [A] without the shift modifier. Can this be corrected?

Apple Magic Trackpad and MBP trackpad
macOS 10.13.6
BTT 2.625 (932)
Blender 2.79b (www.blender.org)

I ran into the exact same issue; same system settings except I'm on Mojave.

To make matters weirder, I tried creating a shortcut for animation playback, and the Alt+A shortcut would only work if I ADDED a shift modifier in BTT, to make it Alt+Shift+A, so its almost like shift behaviour has been inverted?

Hopefully there's a way around this, BTT almost salvages the Touch Bar for me!

Just to clarify:

Alt-A was not working in Blender, so you added Alt+Shift+A in BTT. So did you set it up so that Alt+Shift+A sent Alt-A to Blender? And did you specify that was just for Blender?

Blender doesn't recognise ANY modifier key, in fact there's no "cmd/opt/ctrl/shift + normal key" shortcut working on BTT with Blender!

I tried some different solutions, like adding modifier keys as actions, for instance for Shift+S, something like:

• Action 1: Modifier Keys > Shift Key Down
  • Action 2: Keyboard Shortcut "S"
  • Action 3: Modifier Keys > Shift Key Up

Initially it seems to work, but the problem is that BTT looks like it immediately crashes, and I have to restart it! It looks like the trigger doesn’t stop and this blocks BTT.

Currently the only way to make a shortcut like this working seems to be using Applescript. So for the example used above (Shift+S), with “Run Apple Script (blocking)” write:

tell application "System Events" to keystroke "a" using shift down

I hope in the future Andreas will solve this bug, in the meantime it looks like this is the only way to make it work!