Big Sur issues - keeps popping up/disappearing

I downloaded 3.505 and everything is working great, including once I import in my license. Thanks Andreas!

Thank you! It's working like a charm :slight_smile:

Mine is also working fine now with the old configuration. Thanks a lot!!

I had a similar problem and 3.505 (1643) makes BTT responsive again in BigSur. However the actions are not executed when triggered.

I added HUD overlays to make sure that the triggers where being captured and they are, however no action is performed. This occurs for both keyboard shortcuts and trackpad actions.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

did you maybe enable safe mode with the command above? If so you need to set that to no again, otherwise no actions will be executed

I did enabled it, thank you for reminding me about it.
Unfortunately, after rebooting the machine BTT becomes unresponsive again.
I have tried to delete the accessibility, and screen recording permissions, and rename the ~/Library/Application Support/BetterTouchTool
After BTT restarts it asks me to add the permissions, but after I open the settings an give the permissions, BTT becomes unresponsive and window with the BetterTouchTool permissions becomes frozen.

Update: After a long period the BTT process became responsive again, and everything is working again.

Latest alpha 3.506 (1644) seems to have fixed this for me. It's been behaving as I'd come to expect all day with no recurrence of the disappearing act.

I am currently using big Sur however AirPods widget doesn't work for me for some reason, when I tap connect it just tells me to reset the widget

1 Like

@Andreas_Hegenberg, when I put BTT in safe mode, I can't type the letter "a" anymore in all apps on my M1 MBP. Can you reproduce this? When I quit BTT, then it works again. If I disable safe mode, then the letter "a" works again. Is this a known issue?

Possibly you have a shortcut FN+A defind, if secure input mode is enabled by macOS BTT can not receive the FN key anymore. Maybe I could autoatically disable such shortcuts if Secure Input mode becomes active

I don't think I have a shortcut FN+A defined, but when I'm in BTT safe mode, then typing "Fn+A" gives me an "a". This isn't something important though as I was in safe mode just to recover from a constant crash on BTT startup.

FYI, this crash was caused by a bad BTT preset that I had turned off (unchecked) weeks ago, but apparently when I updated BTT this morning, the update script re-enabled it, causing BTT to crash on startup.

Ah sorry I thought you meant the macOS secure input mode. I'll check why "A" doesn't work in BTT safe mode! Thanks for reporting.