BetterTouchTool window cmd+tab glitchy

Describe the bug
When I first start BetterTouchTool (clean start or just reopen the app to change some setting) the menu bar is not responding, and it seems to be frozen on "File" submenu. Also if I try cmd+tab to switch windows, BetterTouchTool appears to be on the last place. After I do the switch to it, it starts behaving correctly, as a normal app.

When it comes to the app itself, everything works correctly, before and after cmd+tabbing from it and back to it.

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem. (You can just paste or drag them here)

A screenshot attached shows a freshly opened BetterTouchTool window and cmd+tab holding so you can see it's, for some reason, in the last place.

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro M1
  • macOS version: macOS 12.5.1
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.838

What way are you using the open the BTT settings window?

I generally open it and don't care about cmd+tab until I need to switch to some other app and then to get back to the BetterTouchTool window it's a bit confusing since I'd expect it to be the first after my currently active window. Does this answer your question?

I mean, do you open the preferences via shortcut, by clicking the dock icon or using the menubar icon?

1 Like

Always via macOS Launchpad. cmd + d to open Launchpad, write "BetterTouchTool" and press Return.

@Andreas_Hegenberg - Seems like this one is fixed with 3.870,2022!

Yes, it's actually a macOS bug with menubar apps, but I added an ugly workaround until this gets fixed.

1 Like