BetterTouchTool start in Japanese, can't switch language

Hello,

I am a paid user, but my licence (2 years) just expired a few months ago.

I just switched to the new Macbook pro M1 so I wanted to download the compatible BetterTouchTools version with the new processor.

However, after I did the auto-update from BetterTouchTool and clicked on "Install and Relaunch", the new version of the App was shown in Japanese. All the screen was in Japanese, same for the texts :

The only choice I can understand is the first one ("45 days trial" I guess ?). After clicking on it, I can fortunately go back to my last version :

It's been like that for the last 3 weeks.

I tried to download a new BetterTouchTool from the website, same problem.

How can I use the new version in english ?

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem. (You can just paste or drag them here)

Device information:

• Type of Mac: Macbook Pro 13" M1
  • macOS version: Big Sur 11.1
  • macOS language : French
  • BetterTouchTool version: I think it is this image

I am not sure, I do not speak japanese.

Just in case, I found the settings page :

At the bottom right, I am pretty sure that it says "language" (I don't know I can't read, just guessing...)

The choice is "FR" (for France).

I don't know if there is somewhere else where I can change somthing ?

By default BTT uses the system language, but you can override that here:

(first option in the dropdown is "System Default" second is "English". After changing it you need to restart BTT.

1 Like

Hello Andreas,

Perfect, thank you ! I succeed to switch to english.

Just to let you know: my system language is French.
However, I used to have (not anymore, I removed it when I had this problem with BetterTouchTool), a Japanese input method on my Mac OS. I think that the bug may be here : maybe you are not using the system language but the input method?

Anyway, my problem is solved. Congratulations for your excellent piece of software and keep the great work! I will buy another licence :slight_smile:

Best,
Kevin

1 Like

Hi there Andreas,

I have a full life time licence since a few months after using an old version before, for years.

I'm fighting since almost 2 months desintalling and reinstalling the app because it always comes in Japanese I think or chinese !?

I followed this tutorial explaining where to find languages but English, French, Spanish, German... NON of these languages are available... see screenshot.

Can U help pleaZ and would like to know at the same time whether French is available becoZ my English is not enough good to understand all the triggers and possibilities that your great app offers or maybe you have a french manual tutorial becoZ I would like to explore the app as I only use the window snapping and the three fingers left and right in the Finder !!!

But first of all, pleaZ help with the language : I'm running a MBP (MacBook Pro) M1 2021 on Monterey but might switch to Ventura soon as Monterey is crap as most of Mac OS systems since many years as Apple  launches a new OS every year !

Hopefully missmac is here to help with Apple mess and bugs :crazy_face:

But can't speak Japanese, would better like my BTT to be in French and will keep on with English if French is not available.

Another question is : is it a bug ? I run Malwarebytes but it didn't find any malware !
Do you know what's wrong ?

Thank you very much in advance for your prompt answers.
Take care,
missmac

missmac.fr

Dear Andreas and the community,

Hope U had a nice Xmas.

Waiting for an answer and the mean to get rid off Japanese and be able to reinstall my BTT in English if French is not available.

Thank you very much for your help

I don't understand why nobody is answering !

I bought a licence but I get no help when needed !!!

Before these 2 messages I already sent 3 mails to Andreas and his team !

PleaZZZ HELP

have you tried selecting other languages from the menu marked in your screenshot? BTT is not available in French, so you should probably use english. (need to restart your BTT after changing the language)