BetterTouchTool start in Japanese, can't switch language

Hello,

I am a paid user, but my licence (2 years) just expired a few months ago.

I just switched to the new Macbook pro M1 so I wanted to download the compatible BetterTouchTools version with the new processor.

However, after I did the auto-update from BetterTouchTool and clicked on "Install and Relaunch", the new version of the App was shown in Japanese. All the screen was in Japanese, same for the texts :

The only choice I can understand is the first one ("45 days trial" I guess ?). After clicking on it, I can fortunately go back to my last version :

It's been like that for the last 3 weeks.

I tried to download a new BetterTouchTool from the website, same problem.

How can I use the new version in english ?

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem. (You can just paste or drag them here)

Device information:

• Type of Mac: Macbook Pro 13" M1
  • macOS version: Big Sur 11.1
  • macOS language : French
  • BetterTouchTool version: I think it is this image

I am not sure, I do not speak japanese.

Just in case, I found the settings page :

At the bottom right, I am pretty sure that it says "language" (I don't know I can't read, just guessing...)

The choice is "FR" (for France).

I don't know if there is somewhere else where I can change somthing ?

By default BTT uses the system language, but you can override that here:

(first option in the dropdown is "System Default" second is "English". After changing it you need to restart BTT.

Hello Andreas,

Perfect, thank you ! I succeed to switch to english.

Just to let you know: my system language is French.
However, I used to have (not anymore, I removed it when I had this problem with BetterTouchTool), a Japanese input method on my Mac OS. I think that the bug may be here : maybe you are not using the system language but the input method?

Anyway, my problem is solved. Congratulations for your excellent piece of software and keep the great work! I will buy another licence :slight_smile:

Best,
Kevin