BetterTouchTool restarts after waking from sleep even if the corresponding checkbox is unchecked?

I recently downloaded and installed Mos, which enables smooth scrolling for a normal, external mouse.

I have been using BTT for a long time but had never set any shortcuts for a normal mouse. Recently, I added a shortcut which zooms in when CMD is held down and the scroll wheel is scrolled. Similarly, I created a shortcut for zooming out.

After creating such shortcuts, it seems that they would work only if BTT is opened before Mos. Unfortunately, every time my laptop goes to sleep, both BTT and Mos are restarted and BTT is loaded after Mos. Then, I need to manually close Mos and reopen it to make sure both apps work smoothly.

It turns out that the option that restarts BTT after waking up from sleep is unchecked by default in my configurations (under Advanced -> General in the new UI).

With that said, why is BTT shown as the last app in the menu bar every time my laptop wakes up from sleep (even if Mos was manually reopened after BTT to be the last app in the menu bar)? Does it actually restart?

P.S. I am not sure if my question/bug report is related to this other post.

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro 15" (Early 2011 - Logic Board: Mid 2012)
  • macOS version: 10.15.4
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.365 (1582)