Bettertouchtool quietly dies in the background

Describe the bug

Bettertouchtool quietly dies in the background.

I mean. I have it set to start on login. I use it primarily to snap windows to the edges and to move them around, maximize to full screen resolution without using apple's fullscreen mode...

The issue I have been facing (for about a year actually) – several versions of macos and BTT – is that it just won't respond to my Keyboard shortcut (CMD+ALT+1 for example, to move a window to the next screen). I then restart it from the menu-bar icon and then it works fine. It looks to me like macos is preventing it from intercepting keypresses when it has been in the background for a while. I've tried the "old keyboard implementation" though I don't know whether this relates to simulated keypresses sent by BTT or whether this is to do with the interception of keypresses/shortcuts.

Similarly the edge-snapping for windows also periodically ceases to function. I then restart BTT and it comes back for a while.

Bringing the BTT configuration window to the fore also fixes the issue after I interact with it.

I think Apple's aggressive appnap/powersaving is probably to blame here but we no longer have the option of disabling it through the Finder's UI.

I have disabled BTT's Dock Icon <--- could this be the issue? LSUI Element setting to hide the application from the Dock might trigger some undocumented Apple deprioritization … maybe?

Any suggestions?

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):

Keyboard

(probably others, I only use keyboard...)

Device information:

• Type of Mac: Mac Pro 2013
  • macOS version: 12.7.3 (21H1015)
  • BetterTouchTool version: Version 4.462 (44620)

PS: I've now updated to the alpha and will let you know whether the issue persists. However... as mentioned above I have seen this behaviour with many different versions. I've also enabled the Dock icon.