BetterTouchTool is currently disabled

Describe the bug
BTT is launched but I can't use it.
I have a brand new licence since Monday. I had the message about my licence was expired so I've bought a new one.

There's an greyed out option in the menu saying "BetterTouchTool is currently disabled (see below)".

Below there's an option to check for the latest version and when I click on it, I'm told I'm up-to-date.

Thomas

Screenshots

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro 2017
  • macOS version: Catalina 10.15.3
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.346 (1554)

Did you activate your new license already?

What happens if you go through the "Enable BTT for ..." menu item?

Hello Andreas,

Yes I did activate it.

What happens if you go through the "Enable BTT for ..." menu item?

That worked.

Maybe the message "BetterTouchTool is currently disabled (see below)" could be somehow more explicit?

Thank you for the support!

1 Like

Same problem. Stopped today.

Hi @Andreas_Hegenberg

i'm trying to reach you out via email but haven't been replied yet. I have done a payment for BBT however I don't any email, it's 3 days ago.

Thanks for your attention.

Probably a typo in your email address. I‘m a few days behind emails but I’ll go through all of them this evening.

I still have 23 days to test, but i got this error too :frowning:

I have the same issue. I just installed the app for the 45 days trial and in the menu I see (45 days left). But couldn't work at all with the application. I'm not sure if this application actually can solve the problem I have, so I can decide to buy it. Would be great if anyone can help me.

Also 'Enable BTT for ...' shows nothing for me.

1 Like

I have the same. I still have 16 days trial, but now it complains that version is not supported anymore doesn;t matter which one I install

Hello, I just had this issue right now, without doing anything special. I might have activated a special shortcut or something else, I just had to "enable BTT for all apps"

there was an issue in 4.177 to 4.181 that could sometimes cause BTT to get disabled. Should be fixed in 4.182

I updated to 4.182 alpha, and so far so good! Thank you.