BetterTouchTool does *not* work with Amazon Workspaces

Hi,

BetterTouchTool does not work with Amazon Workspace on macOS El Capitan 10.11.6.
It works on all other applications, which look like a specific Amazon Workspaces issue.

Amazon Workspaces is a remote desktop application that connects to Windows machine in the cloud (in my case).

My workflow

1. Using Magic Trackpad 2
  2. Assign keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+R) in betterTouchTool to a gesture, eg. 2 Finger Click

With Amazon Workspaces, it just does not receive the keyboard shortcut (or ignoring it?)
If I press keyboard shortcut manually inside Amazon Workspaces, it works.

Any workaround for application like this?

Had to do this, for amazon workspaces (might be related)
(https://forums.aws.amazon.com/thread.jspa?messageID=617918)
Open a terminal. Type:
defaults write "com.amazon.Amazon WorkSpaces Client" remap_cmd_to_ctrl 0

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Magic Trackpad 2

Device information:

• Type of Mac:
  • macOS version: 10.11.6
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.426

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

Possibly try to enable compatibility mode:

No luck with Compatibility mode. Any other thoughts?

Unfortunately then it may not be possible to use BTT in this app currently. (It's most likely a bug in the app itself)

Got a working workaround,
macOS -> remote desktop to windows machine -> run Amazon Workspaces in Windows.

Keyboard shortcuts are passed as expected!

1 Like

Could you please elaborate on this solution?
I am experiencing the same issue and unable to understand what you did to resolve the issue.
In other words, where do I find these menu options / settings?

Are you suggesting that you run Amazon workspaces in a remote desktop windows machine that you remote into from your mac? This doesn't seem like a viable workaround.