BetterTouchTool Configuration screen opens automatically

Describe the bug
BetterTouchTool configuration screen opens automatically and unprovoked at various times throughout the day.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Magic Mouse, TrackPad

Device information:

• Mac Studio M1 Ultra
  • Ventura 13.2.1
  • BetterTouchTool 4.035 (2253) and at least 2 versions earlier.

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):
Workaround: I did use the "defaults write com.hegenberg.BetterTouchTool BTTDontShowPrefsOnReopen YES", from another thread, to stop this but, of course, I can't open BTT unless I go use the menu bar. (i.e. I can't launch it from Safari, Alfred or from the Applications folder).

Can someone explain what is happening and/or how to fix this?

Thank you,
KC

Hey @Andreas_Hegenberg – this topic just popped up on the Keyboard Maestro forum with some "me too!"s from other users. So it might indeed be more widespread, and you might still want to look into it.

1 Like

This is being tracked here: Configuration window appears out of the blue

Hope to find a solution, but so far I have no clue ;-(
The only thing I have noticed so far from the logs I received, they all seem to be coming from some pretty advanced users. Not sure yet what they have in common.

Closing here to avoid confusion!

Ah and you could use the predefined action „Show BetterTouchTool preferences“ if you have used the terminal command to workaround the issue

2 Likes