BetterSnapTool: Window Move / Resize with Key + Mouse feature not working for some windows

The resize /move window feature does not work consistently across all windows. It does not work in the following situations:

• Finder (it does work for normal folder navigation panels, it does NOT work as soon as, e.g., an iPhone panel is shown - in this case the sidebar and title bar work but not the phone panel)
  • MS Excel 2022 (it did work on Office 2019). The same as above (works for the title bar but not for the spreadsheet part)

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):

This feature is activated using a key (in my case FN) and a mouse (in my case Magic Mouse).

Screenshots

Device information:

• Type of Mac: M1 Max
  • macOS version: 12.2.1
  • BetterSnapTool version: 1.9.5

Does your BST have the "screen recording" permission in System Preferences => Security & Privacy => Privacy?

Thanks for replying. Yes, it does have the requested permission for screen recording (see attached image). Funny enough, I noticed that the same behaviour exists for this dialog. Once the mouse hovers over the inner pane (within the red line), it does not work. When the mouse is over the window but outside the red area, it works.

1 Like

I am having the same issue. I have granted the screen recording permission for BTT.

@farberg is exactly right - there are some regions in some applications that do not allow the window move - one of these applications is Telegram for macOS. But this still works fine on my other machine which is running Catalina.

This is really a lovely feature of BTT and I miss that it doesn't work as consistently as it used to :cry:

unfortunately some (few) windows like excel or telegram currently don’t implement a macOS API correctly, which makes it hard for apps like BST to handle them correctly.

I have been trying some workarounds but haven’t found a really good one yet. Will post an update here when this gets fixed in Telegram or when I was able to find a workaround