BetterSnapTool not deleting custom snap areas

Came here to report this, can confirm that 1.9.3 beta fixes the issue. Thanks!

I was able to "resolve" the issue by doing what I believe is a manual hard delete of the custom object.

Removing the object below from ~/Library/Application Support/BetterSnapTool/storedata fixed the issue for me. I believe the object below is the metadata describing the custom snaparea that I wasn't able to delete.

<object type="BSTCDISPLAY" id="z102">
        <attribute name="vendor" type="int32">4268</attribute>
        <attribute name="serialnumber" type="string">1095063884</attribute>
        <attribute name="screensize" type="string">{596.55044975630733, 335.55962798792291}</attribute>
        <attribute name="screenframe" type="string">{{0, 0}, {2560, 1440}}</attribute>
        <attribute name="resolution" type="string">{2560, 1440}</attribute>
        <attribute name="model" type="int32">16619</attribute>
        <attribute name="maindisplay" type="int32">1</attribute>
        <attribute name="displayid" type="int32">722494355</attribute>
        <attribute name="builtin" type="bool">0</attribute>
        <attribute name="uniqueidentifier" type="string">E5A48CE4-01D4-4A4E-A0CB-8FC8C3903D9A</attribute>
        <relationship name="displayeddragpoints" type="0/0" destination="BSTDRAGPOINT" idrefs="z188 z105 z116"></relationship>
        <relationship name="snappeddragpoints" type="0/0" destination="BSTDRAGPOINT" idrefs="z105 z115 z116 z188 z124"></relationship>
    </object>

MacOS 10.15.2 (Catalina)
BetterSnapTool: 1.9.2

Hello. Is there an ETA for the updated version to go live on the App Store? The beta is about to expire. Thanks.

I'm a new user, and downloaded the official build from the app store. This issue sent me in circles for days trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. Found the beta, which fixed the problem, but would love to have this fix as part of the official build.

The beta is set to expire 1/30/20

It should be available in the store next week! (in case Apple doesn’t approve the fix for some reason I’ll upload a new beta build here)

The new build is not available on the app store yet. While i wait for it, what is the best way to get the beta build that fixes this issue? I have link to the beta that was provided in this thread, but wondering if there is another way to get the beta build via some App store preview program?

I'm sorry, it should appear in the store any day now.
I have extended the beta by a month, but you'd need to redownload: https://bettertouchtool.net/releases/BetterSnapTool_1_9_3_beta.zip

1 Like

Awesome! The new beta fixed the issue on my end

Any idea when this will be updated on the App store?

And with the beta I can't use the preconfigured sizes (I'm trying to use the 1/3rds), but none of them move the window.

that should work fine. Possibly try to reset he accessibility permissions (if you are on macOS 10.15, easiest with this terminal command:

tccutil reset All com.hegenberg.BetterSnapTool

I think it will be available on the App Store end of next week.

Thanks

Hi Andreas,

I came across this thread as I have the same issue, but it doesn't look like the app store is updated yet?

I have also noted that I can't make snap areas for -ve x coordinates, which since 0,0, appears to be the bottom left of my laptop monitor, I can't make the snap areas I want for the large monitor above it, which stretches beyond the 0 x-coordinate to the left of my laptop.

Does this sound right?

Thanks!

Hi,

Any updates on this? The fixed version still doesn't seem to be available on the app store, and the "beta" version above has expired and won't run.

Thanks

For some reason the app store review is taking a long time (I think it was my fault), but it has now entered the "in review" state so I hope it will be available soon. Usually that state doesn't take more than 2-3 days.

For now, again a new beta link: https://bettertouchtool.net/releases/BetterSnapTool_1_93_beta.zip

I'm getting forbidden, I can't access the update.

Got "forbidden" too. The link has a typo. Just add a "_" between the "9" and the "3", like this:

https://bettertouchtool.net/releases/BetterSnapTool_1_9_3_beta.zip

Btw, thanks Andreas!

The update should now be available via the Mac App Store (over the next hour or so).

Turns out Apple Review didn't like the optional screen recording permission which is why it took a while to review, but I was now able to explain why it is necessary for some apps (https://folivora.ai/blog/post/13011) so the next updates should be fast again :slight_smile: