Better Touch Tool keeps closing

I'll just be using my computer as normal, and BTT will randomly close on me. I have to reopen it many times a day.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
MacBook

Device information:

• Type of Mac: Macbook Pro 13-in 2017 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5 8GB
  • macOS version: High Sierra 10.13.4
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.503

Please try downloading a fresh copy from my website https://folivora.ai/ and see whether that helps, maybe your copy somehow got corrupted.

I have the same problem.

I have deleted my copy and downloaded a fresh one (Version 2.513) but the problem persists.

What should I do?

Thank you

In that case please check whether there are any crashlogs in the macOS console app under "User Reports".

Also if possible please go to the about tab in BetterTouchTool and click the "Export Debug Information" button. This will create a folder called BetterTouchToolDebug on your desktop. Please send that to andreas@folivora.ai, then I may be able to see what causes the crash.

Dear Andreas

Thank you for this, and for replying so quickly. I have sent the Debug Information. There are about 12 crash reports for BTT showing in Console. Would you like me to send one of those too?

I have now deleted my BTT, re-downloaded it, re-installed it, and then it ended up crashing again after working on my computer for a bit.

I have just sent you the BetterTouchToolDebug folder, and the crash report that popped up when BTT randomly closed out on me.

For future reference:
Both crashes here were caused by recursive keyboard shortcuts being setup in BTT (e.g. CMD+R triggering CMD+R will cause an endless loop unless you click the little cog icon left from the shortcut recorder field and enable "Prevent recursive triggers").

1 Like