Better touch tool breaks keyboard input

I do a lot of switching between my mac and a remote desktop session using microsoft RDP and/or parsec. Something about that switching is breaking my keyboard input when using better touch tool. I'd say about 10% of the time, if I am working in RDP, and then I return to my mac to type something, the input on my keyboard gets switched to wingding like characters, CTRL/COMMAND/ENTER, nothing functions until I close and reopen better touch tool. I use an external keyboard.

This has also happened when walking away from my mac, the screen locks, and then I cannot enter a password, if Touch ID is disabled (which the mac will once in a while say you must enter your password to unlock Touch ID) I am now stuck hard rebooting my machine because I cannot enter my password since the characters are all garbled.

I will add screenshots when it happens again.

Device information:

• Type of Mac: Macbook Pro 2017
  • macOS version: 12.6
  • BetterTouchTool version: (please post the exact version - not just "the latest one")

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):
This has been happening for a long time. Through three different macs. The first time it would happen on a trial version I used a long time ago. Then I purchased with hopes it would be fixed, never got fixed. Now I am using a different mac, I am on a new trial, and its happening here too.

I have never heard of such behavior, so I'd assume it's something specific to your config.

Do you maybe have an action configured in BTT that triggers ctrl down/cmd down or any other modifier but might not release it anymore?

I don't believe so, I've never seen it happen if I'm not switching around between remote sessions and just working on the mac.

Also I use multiple desktops on mission control and I have shortcuts bound to mouse buttons 4 and 5 to switch between screens a lot so maybe BTT can't handle that well. I have 3 monitors attached to my mac and usually each monitor has multiple desktops that I switch between.

BTW I still had this in my address bar when I was trying to type a URL and it had happened:

Those are the weird characters my keyboard will type until I restart BTT

This happens if the option key is still pressed. Question is why it would be pressed.

Oh that's super helpful! I held down option key manually and I see those Characters.

My External keyboard doesn't even have an option key, I do see some rules that involve the option key but I don't use any of them, I deleted all of them and maybe that will fix it.

Thank you!!!!