Compact AirPods widget with User-Friendly Setup

@GoldenChaos @Caliguvara

@machiz7888 I don't have airpods so it'll be kinda tricky for me..

Don't have AirPods of the second generation so I'm out here too :man_shrugging:t2: :frowning:

Is it working for you and your 1st gen?

Perfectly.

Can you guys post a preset that is suppose to work? because I tried a couple of it and not even one worked.....thanks.

P.S. I have AirPods 1st gen.

Here.
The "4. Fixed AirPods Widget" should contain everything you need.

Is that a new version of it? Should I upload it here?

@yuuiko
This should just be the version I posted up here too, which fixed the icon bug.
Maybe @Tom1 runs into some language issues? If you could tell us what exactly doesn't work this could be helpful!

1 Like

@Caliguvara thanks for replying. so I tried it and basically the AirPods don't connect. I think there might be a problem with the settings or something. It asks me the name of the AirPods (I put the name correctly) and I get an error message (see screenshoots below).....what's wrong?

I have a bluetooth mouse connected too, is this a problem? thanks for any suggestion....

P.S. I don't think it's a language issue since I have English as system language (I have "Connect", "Connected" an so on...)

59%20AM

I don't remember in which discussion, one guy had the same problem. Turned out that the apostrophe in the name or the AirPods wasn't the same symbol then the one from the keyboard.

Please try this

1. Connect your AirPods manually
  2. Open System Preferences → Bluetooth
  3. Right click your AirPods and select "Rename"
  4. ⌘C
  5. Try to setup the BetterTouchTool AirPods Widget, when asked for the name enter it using ⌘V
  6. Give feedback here please :wink:

here we go......now it works. Like you said, it seems that the script does not recognize the apostrophe. anyway thanks a lot @Caliguvara.....:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:

@Caliguvara @Tom1

“Add message about weird characters to AirPods Widget Error Message”

...has been added to my “I can’t do this right now because i’m too busy but I want to do it” list!

1 Like

@yuuiko :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: hopefully one day you'll do it bro....don't give up!!!!!:muscle::muscle::muscle::muscle:

1 Like

If I have some time tomorrow I'll check to see if I can't add a script that somehow searches for known AirPod devices and proposes the name it found. Or tomorrow. Or so.

Finally got this working too, due to the different apostrophe that was in there. Had to copy/paste as per the instructions above.

Thanks!!

2 Likes

@Irthen guess you'll have to fix this part of the code, if I remember correctly GC, AT and C3 are based on the same script regarding the AirPods!

@Caliguvara

Is the AirPods Widget download at the top of the thread the latest version? Its been a while and I have a feeling it might not be

1 Like

I've got d1.2 working with my Power Beats Pros.

1 Like

Should be. Sorry for the long delay had some busy days at work :upside_down_face:

Hey
is there a known issue with the battery display? Everything except the right AirPod is working.

I think something on this won't work for me :

return   OUTPUT2 & "
  " & OUTPUT1

The script returns

"70

62%

69%"

Or do I forget something?

1 Like