"before mac goes to sleep" and "after mac wakes from sleep" doesn't work in some cases

Describe the bug

From https://github.com/folivoraAI/BetterTouchTool/issues/2092 :

In BTT's "other" tag , I configure 2 triggers: One named "before mac goes to sleep" and another named "after mac wakes from sleep". Their actions are "Execute Terminal Command".
But there is a problem that if the mac stays asleep for a long time (e.g. one night), it doesn't execute the script configured for the "after mac wakes from sleep"trigger when it wakes up.
(BTT is set up to start on startup, but it doesn't help)

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
N/A

Screenshots

N/A

Device information:

• User 1 from the former github issue (use case: shut down wifi on sleep, turn it back on on wake):

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro 2017 13''
    • macOS version: 10.13.3
    • BetterTouchTool version: 2.340
  • User 2 from the former github issue (use case: switch off a light on sleep, switch it on on wake, using a python script):

• iMac Mid 2009 with SSD
    • Mac OS 10.13.5
    • BetterTouchTool 2.427
  • User 2 on a new mac: After a week of test, everything seems working as expected:

• 2018 mac mini
    • Mac OS 10.14.1
    • BetterTouchTool 2.660

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

N/A

I have the exact same problem with "After Mac wakes from sleep", it seems random. I also have an "Execute Terminal Command" action assigned to it. However, I don't think this is related to the time being sleeping since I can reproduce this issue with only a few seconds of sleep. In my case I could say that it only works ~50% of the time.

I've tried adding delay before running the command, but it doesn't help...

@Andreas_Hegenberg Any chance you could try this scenario (assign a very simple command to "After Mac wakes from sleep") and see if it is always executed?

I know this is old, but i got the same problem. The "after mac wakes from sleep" -trigger doesn't work for me. I want a trigger that toggles bluetooth on after my MacBook wakes up from sleep.

I have this same problem. One of many

The trigger "after mac wakes from sleep" doesn't seem to work (at all) for me either. (I want to trigger a WiFi reconnect after wake.) This is with BetterTouchTool version 3.389 (1612) on macOS 10.15.5.

I want to echo these complaints. "Before Mac goes to sleep" and "After Mac wakes from sleep" never worked for me.
The same applies to the new triggers "when lid is opened / closed". I tried them both and they do absolutely nothing. Can this be fixed, @Andreas_Hegenberg ? Thanks!

They seem to work fine here, what are you trying to trigger using them?

One thing that's probably important here:
You might need to disable the "Restart BTT after wake from sleep" option if you have that enabled

I tried this trigger to open a file/app. I also once tried to run an AppleScript. Both didn't work. And I just checked: I don't have "Restart BTT after wake from sleep" enabled.

I have added a little tweak in 3.600 (1746), which might with the wake from sleep trigger on some systems.

"wake from sleep" now works for me. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Hi - I'm afraid the 'after mac wakes from sleep' trigger isn't working for me too. The 'restart BTT' setting is disabled. Are there any logs that would be useful for you?