Can I use BTT so make it so when I swipe left/right the axis is locked or when I swipe up/down the axis is locked?
I'm okay with assigning a modifier key to this.
Also I was going to turn off "Use trackpad for scrolling" in the Mac native accessibility settings, because when I rest my thumb and other fingers on the trackpad it often glitches out
depending on your exact use case there are a few scroll modifiers that can be used for this:
- Lock Scroll To Dominant Axis
- Block Horizontal Scrolling
- Block Vertical Scrolling
You can configure these in the "Normal Mouse" section:
Doing Lock Scroll to Dominant axis did not work. When in final cut pro I still can scroll diagonally with swiping up/down with two fingers or when swiping left/right with two fingers (see screenshot)
Even if I add a modified key, it does not work.
2.0
Block Horizontal and Block Vertical Scrolling work. But only if I use a modified key.
Is this normal/expected issue in BTT?
2.1
But the fn modifier key does not work for this (my fn key is bottom left - 2021 Macbook Pro - 16 in - M1 chip) Is this normal/expected issue in BTT?
Is there a way to enable and disable specific configurations I make in the BTT application?
Because if I create something maybe I don't want to use it. but I don't want to fully delete the configuration.
Reviewing your documentation. I saw Scroll Modifiers > Scroll Dead Zone Filter. And it got me wondering if you have a cursor/pointer "Dead Zone Filter" that ignores small movements below a specified threshold, that would come from my middle finger, ringer finger, pink finger and/or thumb (that might be resting on the trackpad) while my pointer finger is moving the cursor/arrow around the screen...?
Any answers on any of the questions in my previous message?