*nice gif* (top post)
*nice gif* (top post)
AQT b3.3.0 Update! (17 Dec 2018)
Not much new features, but AQT is now MUCH more smoother to operate. I collaborated and discussed various BTT features and refinements with @Andreas_Hegenberg, funnily enough; to get BTT to support AQT. Though there might still be some bugs with the new feature, I can definitley say that AQT is way more fluid and stable due to his new changes. Head to the 'Quality Improvements' to see a list of these improvements.
This update requires you to update BTT to v2.667 to update! Enable 'Update to Alpha Builds' in the BTT Advanced Settings.
Visit the Top Post to update!
AQT Version Naming Scheme Changed.
- b0.0.0 - indicates that it is a beta. Betas are stable enough to be used daily but may have some bugs and incomlpete features that might not work. It’s the cutting edge version that is quite experimental.
- v0.0.0 indicates a final stable (afaik) build.
- X.0.0 - indicates a major redesign in the way AQT works.
- 0.X.0 - indicates new app support and new features
- 0.0.X - indicates a bugfix/hotfix release that fixes reported bugs.
Netflix Now Playing widget
- thanks to @iAmWaldo!
- Calling All Users! I don’t have a netflix so I need some feedback on it’s performance.
YouTube Now Playing Widget
- Now supports returning “Paused/Video Ended” (@iAmWaldo again!)
- Tap to play/pause YouTube directly without switching to it’s window. (very useful)
Youtube Safari Widget
- New ’Skip Ad’ button (WiP, extremely buggy)
Google Chrome is now a full set. (@jacquelinett)
- Retains most features from it’s native set
- Added Features:
- Tab Switching
- Back/Forward buttons
- ‘Window’ button with: Bookmark, Downloads, History, Reopen Last Closed and Home.
- added ’Top’, ‘Side’, ‘Front’ Labels (kind of messy imo, will clean up next version) (@kalmdown)
- Fixed duplicate ‘blender’ and ‘Blender’ app group
Quality Improvements (requires the new features in BTT alpha v2.667, thanks to @Andreas_Hegenberg!)
- Notification widgets react to DND. They won't show up when you enable DND, but will come back no problem when you switch off DND. (@GoldenChaos)
- AQT logo is now in the control strip. It changes based on the type of set. (new BTT Alpha feature - buggy)
Full on: Full Set -
Arrow: Extension set -
Grey: No Support (gesture bar) -
- Refined the ‘close btt bar’ cosmetics for extension sets.
- New Play Button Handling. Doesn't look so refined at the moment but it works better than the previous applescript iteration. (new BTT Alpha feature - may not be stable)
- The setup window now has a window bezel. You can now move it around, minimise, etc. (new BTT Alpha feature - may not be stable)
- AQT should not open mixed with the macOS Control Strip anymore (new BTT Alpha feature - buggy) (@Dom)
- Notification Badges, Control Strip and Escape keys shouldn’t get misplaced anymore with the addition of BTT's new 'Display Order' function.
- Control Strip Highlighting is now visible when the CS is open.
- Setup and welcome should appear on BTT’s Setapp Version now. (@pauxus)
- Spotify NP widget closed the entire control strip instead of returning to the now playing widgets - fixed (@Simon_Defarge)
- The spacing for Notification Bubbles have been fixed and refined. (mostly)
- Facebook Safari Widget - ’Notificaitons’ spelling error fixed (pauxus)
- Small Step Gesture Haptics didn’t respond to the haptics switch - Fixed
- Bug Fixes with Haptics Settings and the AQT Haptics Engine
- Digital Colour/Color tool has been merged into one group
- Do Not Disturb Display Fixed. (Was it a Mojave error? not sure. But it works for me now.)
BTT 2.69x discussion - Problems with new features
let me first say thanks for your hard work! I'm just a few months on BTT and switched 2 weeks ago from GoldenChaos to your 3.2.beta .. took me a few days to get used to but the separate app controls are really nice! ..
just updated to 3.3 and aside better switching between apple nav and BTT nav a lot indeed has improved.
couple things I noticed right away:
In safari on a non-custom website (with restore last closed / ready later emoji) there are 2 escape keys next to each other.. and the (X) left or restore last closed is redundant with the new collapse button (>) on the main AQT interface (edit: Just noticed this also happens in my mail app )
I don't have school at 8.15 nor have math excercise 2C coming up in my calendar
Play pause button works with Netflix (safari) in now playing. it says " no supported apps playing currently" though and because I play it in safari i would expect a safari > button next to the safari toolbar.
that's it for now!
I'm glad you like the preset! thanks for your kind words.
Double Escape in Safari:
- I can't seem to reproduce this issue. Could you maybe upload a screenshot of this? (⌘⇧6 to screenshot the touchBar.)
X button appearing on extension sets
- This is more an aesthetic function rather than a purely functional one. The button allows you to identify the set as an extension set. Without it, it would look like it a full set. It's also there to make it look like its sliding out under the macOS control strip and overlaying the other controls, suggesting it is meant to only be opened temporarily, much like apple's native now playing set and call controls.
It's interesting that it's happening on your mail app. I haven't made support for any mail app so I'm wondering why this is. Can I ask what mail app you use and also a screenshot of this behaviour in your mail app?
- lol, you probably understand that those are my tasks from my calendar and reminders. I'm not sure if you're just joking here or having a problem with these widgets though. If they're not showing up be sure to install iCalBuddy (link in the setup window).
- Thanks for the report! I'll fix the 'no playing' message soon. I missed that
What did you mean by the safari > button? I don't quite understand that one.
Thanks for your reply! Glad you enjoyed it!
after a fresh start this morning the double escape button changed with some extra text.. here's a screenshot:
The calendar widget used to work, and still kinda works:
after clicking the calendar button:
after clicking your school event:
it shows my events! everything worked in 3.2 and I didn't change anything. Icalbuddy is installed and working as you can see
X Button: I probably edited the mail part under the wrong option, I was talking about the double escape button..
Because I'm playing in safari, I would expect it to be accessible like youtube :
with the blue button to return to the safari settings..
Good luck squashing
good (well, afternoon, almost night here)...
Ah yeh, the escape key widgets were probably just still thinking and sorting themselves out. Give them some time and they'll probably sort themselves out.
I plan to improve how they work in the next release
ahahahaa thats funny. I changed their code to display that for the hero image photoshoot and forgot to change them back. Fixing it right away!
ah, lol. Well now you know its there (i guess). It's mostly there to keep your context rather than a directly functional trigger.
A Netflix safari widget isn't supported yet and it'll be hard for me to make one for it since I don't have an account and it isn't a free service.. I don't really know how it all works so i'd be designing blind unless I get access somehow!
Thanks for your replies!
p.s. just noticed:
- notification bubble has weird spacing
- no more events message but you do have events? hmmm...
will look into these.
Hei @yyuuiko ! How are you? I'm so sorry if in this period I've been a little bit absent but I'm sooo busy with my University thesis🤯 ...
I was trying your latest AT release during these days and this is what I noticed:
- When I'm using finder app this appears on my bar and I think it's ok ->
but when I open it that's what happens (it randomly changes between this two "options" during the day)
- Calendar problem has been fixed in today update so no more problem here
- If i'm on youtube or google drive AQ displays this option on the right corner (soooo good man! )
but on Facebook doesn't appear nothing
3.1 It seems to be bugged sometimes even on safari
4 When you open Photoshop, BTT starts with default preset, and when u click on AT button it changes to your preset
While if you use Illustrator or other adobe apps they have no problem at the first opening
5 DND mode toggle now works like a charm but I'm still having problems with Bluetooth toggle because it doesn't change when I switch it on/off
P.S. If you need any help with Adobe Animate preset I'm here! (during last few months it became my daily adobe app for work, so I could help you with it )
I regret to say that I have a pretty serious bug to report:
When using AQT, some of my keyboard shortcuts stop registering. I have ⌘J bound to ⌥⌘← in Google Chrome (which is the Previous Tab) command. Similar bindings for forward tab and similar bindings in Safari all stop working as soon as AQT is loaded. I don't see the same issue with GoldenChaos for example.
Notably some of my global key bindings do work.
I am on BTT v2.667 and AQT b3.3.1.
@Dom, might as well jump into it
-uuuguggghhhhhh homeeeworkk rollllsssss-
huu this is weird. I don't think this is an error on my side... It doesn't seem to be doing this to me, could you check if this is set for the problem sets? If so, maybe it's an issue with the new BTT feature. @everyone having the same issue? @Andreas_Hegenberg?
Facebook and Soundcloud work differently, so I need to still figure out how to make it change the icon (they don't run using their on CAgroup due to inability for CAgroups to check URL.)
I'll check the behaviour for Photoshop.
I haven't touched the bluetooth toggle as of yet, however its seems to be working fine for me...
Could you try this in terminal:
system_profiler SPBluetoothDataType | grep -i "Power: On"
and also check if the button is actually switching bluetooth, or doing nothing. Also maybe your macOS version would help
I'd appreciate your help with animate! Give me a bit of time though, I'm still kind of too busy to implement new sets as of now. I'd probably Private Message you if I get up to it, if that's fine with you.
I'm assuming your custom BTT keyboard shortcuts are not working anymore.
Are they appearing in BTT?
You might need to move them into AQT if you've put them within/into GC-BTT, or if you've made it as a seperate preset, be sure that it's checked as active in the preset palette. (keep AQT as the master preset)
There has been a fix regarding keyboard shortcuts and activation groups in the latest alpha, maybe that solves the issue?
Maybe. AQT uses conditional activation groups ALOT.
@bennyty, try updating BTT to 2.668?
@yyuuiko thank you so much for your help!
- On my side Finder App was setted in this way
4 Maybe I found what caused Photoshop problem ... Look here!
5 Yassss now BT toggle works perfectly!!
Of course! PM me when you want!
I noticed latest version causes a little bit of battery drain! @yyuuiko
edit. It happens when I click on my touchbar and the drain notification persists on the right corner for 3-4 minutes every time
hi @Dom, glad you fixed most your issues
1 & 4
I didn't set those apps to those settings. @Andreas_Hegenberg, I've noticed that this has been happening frequently, even on BTT stable. The Touch Bar Behaviour seems to shuffle around a bit on import. It's very hard to catch especially because of the large amount of groups AQT has, and also how the setting only changes it subtly so it's hard to realise, but it's defenitley happening.
On my side, I've had to fix that specific setting on multiple occasions. It just seems to flick random settings to different ones, and only after importing a new preset. Could you take a look?
That's weird, it shouldn't have fixed anything but well it did
Interesting, what was the touchbar displaying and what did you tap? It seems pretty efficient here hovering around 2-6% cpu on idle and spiking to only 10% when switching between and loading heavy sets (now playing widget, for example)
I'd like to know what it was showing to figure out what's causing it.
(the next step would be to disable what i think is the cause to find out if it really is the cause)
Thanks again for your feedback! AQT has come a long way because of your feedback!
1 & 4 ) Do you remember when in the first AT releases I've a lot problem and I didn't see these options (look at photo below) on my side? You understood the problem was caused by uploading your preset on this platform site and it has been fixed starting to upload it like a direct link in this thread! Maybe it's a similar problem
About power drain I was starting to think it was caused by BTT alpha, but no! Because using your old AT 3.0 I've no problem at all. During the day I use a lot play/pause button widget for spotify, long press on play button on the right to stop play/pause music, calendar widget on the right, emoji button and youtube widget. That's all!
Thanks a lot for for your help @yyuuiko!!
me too -- 2018 MBP 13 inch, running High Sierra 10.13.6
the new features in the alpha version are not yet optimized completely, performance will improve with the final release soon!
As @Andreas_Hegenberg said, this AQT version uses the alpha BTT which has more features but also more bugs. I'll look into the issues but they may be BTT issues. I don't think I changed the workings of widgets that much, so if they didn't have an issue before then it might not be them.
Try opening Activity Monitor, search BTT (to locate the app) and use it as you would. What action causes the CPU usage to spike? I can't see much problems here. (2-6 percent, spiking to 10% when reloading widgets)'
A warning was placed with the download at the top.
Edit: now I do see some drain effects. I can now try debug some effects here too. Your feedback is still appreciated though. I think the control strip is the most battery draining thing especially opening it