AQT FAQ: Stuck Youtube Setup and Fix

Just wanted to add myself to the list of people who cannot get this working, and who also happen to be on Catalina (10.15.5)

Needless to say, Catalina suuuuucks.

1 Like

Welcome to macOS Vista. Essentially...

Uhhh have you looked at the above? Make sure that developer menu is on, as well as the Java from Apple Events.

If not Force-hide the welcome message

Also having this issue, tried the above "Allow Javascript from Apple Events" but no change. Anyone got a solution?

Try disable the tutorial manually... I've had trouble getting this thing working

Hi, at first I want to thank you for the work you have done regarding the widget!!! Amazing!!!
I had at the beginning same issue as 1 post. I then pressed "save" at it seems to work.
First for my understanding (im using 3.6.3): What is the diff between "WebCTRL Youtube Safari" and WebCTRL Youtube Safari open"?
Now my issue is following:

1. I have f.e 1 Youtube video open in Safari
  2. I paused this
  3. I open another YouTube Video and it plays
    So Far so good, but already I see for that second video the description is from the first one, which is obviously not correct
  4. Now main issue: If I know press Pause (2. video) in AQT, it pause the second video, but immidiately start playing the first. Which is actually not intended by me!

During all that process it shows me always the name string of the first video I started, which is also not very nice (as already mentioned)!
What do you think, have I done something wrong?
MY system is
Big Sur 11.0.1
Safari Version 14.0.1 (16610.2.11.51.8)
System language is German
same issue with com.apple.safari

xxxxxx:~ macbook$ defaults read com.apple.Safari
2020-11-28 11:13:46.192 defaults[21137:1748981]
Domain com.apple.Safari does not exist

This worked fine for me too! Try this before anything else. Thank you man!

Don’t get it, what should I try? Can you pls describe?
Thank you

I responded to another message, you can see the message when you click on the avatar next to my first message. Long story short: you have to give better touch tool the permission to use your whole hard drive.

I have done it as well, doesn’t change anything

Hi @Rassa_Fox, sorry for my really late reply

AQT was made on an english system and refers to english UI, so it might not stably work on german system. Also, youtube widget only supports 1 youtube tab at the moment, it was quite a technical undertaking to make it work on one tab, so handling more than one sounds pretty massive right now

How well is it working if you only use one youtube tab?

Hi, on a single tap everything works good. What I noticed is that the "smooth" macOS scrolling is somehow broken on YouTube with the touchpad "2 finger scroll". It's very clunky and responding very bad.

No, I face an issue in Safari. If I switch to full screen, the menus for YouTube disappear, because it kind of open the full screen in a new "macOS window". if a jump back to the work place where the video was started, now the YouTube widget is appearing back and safari state "to end full mode click here". weird!

I'm not sure weather this is new safari or AquaTouch, does the problem still happen without AquaTouch?

THIS !
This solved my issue ! Thanks a lot :slight_smile:
FYI it's not Accessibility, but Security menu. Wow truly amazing !

1 Like

Hi guys,

sorry for opening this one again, but I have the following scenario:

• the YouTube section works as expected with my Safari browser
  • The YouTube section does not show up within my Safari Technology Preview

Additional info:

• Big Sur 11.5.2
  • Machine language = German
  • Safari Technology Preview = English
  • BTT has privilege for the whole drive

Anybody familiar with this and has a solution?
It might be the language, which is the only difference from both tools in my eyes.

Thx.