[AQT CRITICAL] - Gestures crash BTT

Describe the bug
When using AQT's slide gestures for volume, brightness and keyboard brightness, not long after the slide BTT freezes and must be restarted to restore Touch Bar functionality.

This results in an inability to control volume, a critically used action.

@Andreas_Hegenberg

Affected input device: TouchBar

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
  • macOS version: MacOS Big Sur and macOS Catalina
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.401. Trying alpha channel...

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):
How do you record logs again?

Can you reproduce this on a 2017 machine? So far I only knew of Late 2016 machines with this issue (macOS seems to throw ton of errors when doing gestures on these machines).

I'm running on a 2017, and it's all I have. Would asking my community help?

Would definitely be interesting to know which machines are affected (I think this is a bug introduced in macOS 10.15.5 but I haven't been able to repro on my machines yet).
Could you go to Help => Export Diagnostic Debug Information (in the BTT menubar menu) and send the files to andreas@folivora.ai? The logs will contain your exact Macbook Model.

It seems to be happening on Catalina too for me. Will see what I can do

happening for me but it happens while using AQT and my own preset

1 Like

Seems to crash the touch input but BTT seems fine in the background

Touch Bar becomes unresponsive, but the app / preset underneath it remains active and BTT's on-screen UI also seems fine too. It's just not accepting touch after the slide until BTT is rebooted i think

new laptop!!
this bug doesn't happen on this one, so I guess that's good to know?? idk ¯_(ツ)_/¯

yep I already figured out that it only affects "older" Touch Bar Macbooks.
I don't have a fix yet. It seems to be a macOS bug but it's unlikely Apple will fix it because it only happens when using the Touch Bar in these unsupported ways...

So I'll continue to look into it. I'll get a Macbook that should be affected later this week.

2 Likes

Maybe its the T1