Apple Script Output in Menu Bar

Hi there,
The menu bar icon feature is great, but to be honest I would love to be able to put there some text, widget-like.
Basically I just want to run a battery script and display the output.

The Script being quite stupid, it grabs the current battery percentage and the remaining time:

set batteryPercent to word 6 of paragraph 2 of (do shell script "pmset -g batt")
set remaininghours to word 8 of paragraph 2 of (do shell script "pmset -g batt")
set remainingminutes to word 9 of paragraph 2 of (do shell script "pmset -g batt")
return batteryPercent & "%" & "
" & remaininghours & ":" & remainingminutes

I am aware of solutions such as Coconut Battery or BitBar. The thing is that none of them can properly display a two line output (BitBar Displays each line for 5sec then shows the other one, Coconotbattery struggles with the spacing).

Any chance of adding that feature @Andreas_Hegenberg? Or does anyone has another utility in mind that would help me here?

Thanks a lot, have an awesome day! Stay safe!
~Caliguvara

YES I really want to add this and make it very powerful, kind of like Script Widgets for the Touch Bar.
I haven't started to work on this yet, but I hope I can create an initial implementation next week.

1 Like

This would just be totally AWESOME!!! I could finally move some "information only" widgets from the Touch Bar up there :smiley:

Allow me to chime in and say I'd love this too! Right now, I cannot even change the icon in menu bar using a script (like I can for touch bar buttons using the JSON). Having essentially the same actions that we have for the touch bar would be great and simple as nothing new to figure out. I can also imagine a use case where for some apps, we toggle all touch bar widgets off and enable exact ones in the menu bar. This could help with those apps that still don't support the touch bar, so we can use BTT TB for then but for others with great native support like GB or FCPX, we can have our TB on the Menubar, offering the best of both worlds.