App Specific Option to Disable Drawing/Gestures

Hi, a few apps offer mouse gestures (directly or via extensions), yet we may still want to use BTT for keyboard modification etc. Currently we must completely disable BTT, but it would be great if you could add "Disable drawings" to the App Specific settings, giving more granular support for app overrides.

Also, the new preview Preferences are wonderful, thank you so much to Andreas and the community work on this!!! One minor quibble is App Specific prefs are not available to modify UNLESS you already have a setting for that app (previously the menu was always available even if you hadn't set anything up yet).

Have a look at "conditional activation groups" – so instead of putting your macros in "All Apps" put them in such a group and set it up so it is activated for all apps except the one you don't want the gestures.

I'd really like this option as well.

I tried a Conditional Activation Group, but drawings do not seem to work with any apps when putting them in a group that excludes a single app. When I move the drawing to the All Apps group, it does work. (And when I try eg. a keyboard shortcut in the Conditional Activation Group, it does work for all apps except the excluded app.)

Any word on this, @Andreas_Hegenberg?

1 Like

Yes, a solution for this would be still really useful for my workflow too. Thanks again for such a great tool!

This still really breaks my workflow. I've started using blender, where I want to add some trackpad tweaks and use the hyperkey for a whole bunch of stuff but I need to disable the mouse gestures, but we still cannot selectively deactivate gestures. So I have to disable BTT completely :cry:

I tried to get the conditional activation groups to work as a workaround until we can [hopefully] get this option. First off, CAG doesn't actually "disable" the drawings system so the right mouse click is still captured by BTT to draw the gesture and becomes lost in either Blender or Vivaldi.

Secondly, as suggested above in the post by @etudes I can confirm that drawings in CAG do not work in other apps. Here are the activation settings, I confirmed the app names are correct, and that if I add keyboard shortcuts in the same group they do work as expected in other apps:

@Andreas_Hegenberg — I assume this is a bug?

In the latest alpha (3.559) I have added an option to disable the drawings/mouse gestures per app. Also I made them compatible with conditional activation groups.

Get via „check for alpha version update“

1 Like

Super wonderful, thanks so much Andreas!!!