Drag and drop should be simple, right? But I'm lost as to what I'm doing wrong.
All I want to do is drag selected files from Finder into an ID3 tagging app called Yate. I've looked at documentation, searched the forum and tried so many different approaches, but just cannot get it to work.
My keyboard shortcut successfully does the following...
- Set Finder view to '1' (as icons)
- Select all
- Move mouse pointer to position over first file in the folder
What it is NOT doing is...
- Left down click and hold on the first file (ie: prepare to move all selected files
- Move mouse pointer to position over Yate's File List Panel (the alternating white/grey rows)
- Left up click (ie: release the mouse button, thus dropping files into Yate)
My starting point is Yate in the top of the screen, Finder below. Finder is layed out as columns. I've included a visual of my BTT actions for troubleshooting. Obviously BTT window is not open when running the actions
This is as far as the actions go. Drag and drop isn't working. Note the 3s delays are inserted whilst developing the actions. They'll be reduced to milliseconds or removed entirely once this is working.
MacBook Pro, Retina, 15inch, Late 2013. OS X 10.13.6, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048MB