All of my buttons are gone after restart

I've been using Better Touch Tool for 4 years, I love it. Yesterday I restarted my computer and when I started BTT... all of my presets were gone. It's as if I'd never used it. When I click on the Configuration UI it just says 'add your first button.' I'm mystified and heartbroken at the loss of my beautiful, beloved setup.... Can anyone think of anything foolish I might have done? Or any easy way to recover what I built? Has anyone run into this? I'm on a Macbook Pro running Ventura 13.4.1, and I guess a very old version of Better Touch Tool (3.086), but still upset that it would vanish...

It's hard to tell why it can't find the data. It could be data corruption or maybe a incompatible BTT version was started?
Do you have time machine or any other backup mechanism active on your Mac? (If so it would be easy to restore).

I'd make sure to create a copy of this folder before trying anything else:
~/Library/Application Support/BetterTouchTool (go there via Finder => Go => Go to Folder, make sure to include the ~)

BTT also does some auto backups, however these older versions only created a backup when installing a new version of BTT. In your case this might not have happened in quite a while. (See Restoring Automatic Backups ยท GitBook )