Alexa as a trigger

It would be really cool to be able to use Alexa devices to perform triggers in bettertouchtool. For example, I use my old mac as a media center and it would be helpful to be able to say "Alexa, play", "Alexa, turn the sound up", "Alexa, Play movie" and so on. It would open up for a world of opportunities to control your mac beyond the media center use I originally though of. I'm not a developer so I have no idea if this is even possible.

theres an option thorugh webscripts to enter an address in a browser from another device on our netowrk to trigger triggers. alexa has internet access so its pretty straight forward. but then theres voicecommand which would probably be more direct. you can work with siri too. alexa itself has abilities to control your computer or media. i guess it depends on what youre trying to do . logitech has a universal remote that consists of a remote and the recevier base. the receiver portion of it is about 20 or 30 bvucks while the set is 399.99. without the remote theres a virtrual control accessable by either your phone or tablet. alexa works directly with this and will pretty much control any inhome device through wifi, bt, or rfid

the base is pretty much a rfid receiver and sender. if you hok up your own rfid you an save on the base.