add support to other custom variables beside the 3 BTT internal customVariables

is it possible to have support to other custom variables beside the 3 BTT internal customVariable in conditional group activation ?

any updates ?

atm the only way around i could think of is

• create a fixed size group of 0 and make it hidden
  • have a button or a widget that opens that group "open touch bar group"
  • have ur conditional activation group condition as "active touch bar group is" the group name

what exactly are you trying to do? You can set the three custom variables via Apple Script if that helps

yes but what happens if they are already taken ?

then you would really need more, or store multiple flags into one variable :slight_smile: Problem is, the BTT rule editor is currently not dynamic at all, but maybe I can just add some more custom variables.

I’d be interested in your usecase for this

Problem is, the BTT rule editor is currently not dynamic at all,

:pleading_face::man_facepalming:

I’d be interested in your usecase for this

basically so we dont have to do the group activation hack example, instead u set a custome variable according to the case you are working with & have a conditional group with some extra functionality that activates when that variable changes.

actually i think we could already have away of using the current custom variables with contains instead of is something similar to list of running processes contains and u would give it the variable json ex.

{"some_custom_variable": "some_value"}

but it would be very helpful if you could include a new scripting function that does all the needed work (get / set / remove) behind the scenes to modify the main variable without affecting anything else under it so its accessible for users to work with

1 Like

Chiming in here - I use a smart home system to sync variables between my Mac, and am often setting contexts on my Mac based on smart home sensors (like - in office, outside, in car).

I've had to use the static customVariable2 and the others (there are 5 static ones I can use) because even though I can set persistent variables like this:

http://localhost:57109/set_persistent_string_variable/?variableName=vpn&to=on

They DON'T appear in the CAG editor conditions :frowning:

Would love if we could use custom ones dynamically (persistent or not).

@Andreas_Hegenberg any updates? CAGs still only have access to read customVariable1 through customVariable5, even though

set_persistent_string_variable let's you set anything like customVariable6, etc.

I desperately need CAG to read additional variables... why the arbitrary limit? Any workaround ideas?

I need to trigger stuff when customVariable6 changes from "on" to "off" and vice-versa.

Thanks.