Activating Launchpad.app doesn't trigger Launchpad-specific settings

Activating Launchpad.app doesn't trigger Launchpad-specific settings. When I have e.g. Logic Pro X as the active app, I'm having all those keyboard and magic mouse activated shortcuts being active in the launchpad app itself. It is really a nuisance because on some software I'm using single key input for activating mouse clicks here and there. If I enter Launchpad.app when Logic Pro X (or any other software with the single key shortcuts enabled) is open and active on the foreground, I'm unable to search for apps with those letters for which I have created shortcuts for. Even disabling BTT for Launchpad.app doesn't help, because BTT doesn't recognise that Launchpad.app is activated.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
All input devices.

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MJLT2 / Mid 2015 MacBook Pro Retina 15"
  • macOS version: 10.13.6
  • BetterTouchTool version: Latest: 2.660 (967)

Unfortunately Launchpad and Mission Control are special apps - there is no reliable way to detect when they are active.

Well, in that case, how about enabling the launchpad activating key to be grabbed by BTT globally to disable all keyboard shortcuts (or BTT as a whole) for a user-defined time or perhaps until enter key is pressed or the launchpad key is pressed again? There's certainly a pattern that I'm repeating when launching apps with launchpad.

Unfortunately the Launchpad key can also not be grabbed by BTT (doesn't behave like normal keys). And that would just solve one of many ways to open Launchpad.

So, we'd need some kext to grab keyboard input to send a signal for BTT and disable macOS Launchpad.app launching service from launching launchpad upon keypress? Seems like lots of work with little return of investment. I guess I'll change to some other software launcher for now.

Quick question: why not just use spotlight? I never really saw the advantages of Launchpad :slight_smile:

//edit: however that won't help either because Spotlight is also one of these "non-detectable" apps ;-(

Well, since 1) spotlight searches for all types of files 2) Launchpad searches only for apps 3) I know strictly if I'm looking for a file or for an app. 4) launchpad will find the apps faster than spotlight and show more app search results for the search term. Multiple reasons for this.