Describe the bug
- Left Option + F assigned to "Show / Hide Specific Application" with Finder and the option "Send CMD+N if no open windows" is activated
- I have multiple desktops in my setup, but I expect this might be irrelevant to the problem
- Launch Finder via spotlight
- Minimize this window
- In Finder: make sure under "windows" menu there is one open window
- Launch Calculator via spotlight
- Enter the above assigned keyboard shortcut to show/hide finder
- The app finder is activated, but no finder window is shown (as promised by "show" of the action)
I know that this is potentially a grey area... but it would be awesome if the action would be able to (always or via an option) un-minimize windows to show them as well.
The above works, when the app is only hidden.
Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
- Keyboard Shortcut
- Macbook Pro 16"
- macOS Catalina
- bettertouchtool 3.219
Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):
I was also hesitating if this is a bug or feature request, but
to me it's a bug, because I would like to "show the application", which does not happen. If you rename the action to "activate/hide the application" then it's a feature request