Action "Open URL With Selection" run Chrome every other time

Describe the bug
I have configured the action "Open URL With Selection" in a way to run Chrome with currently copied URL by adding two actions.

First one is "Trigger Context Menu Item" with a Copy Link (from ctx menu in Safari when right-clicking on a link) and the second one is "Open URL With Selection" with URL set to "%@". I clicked on Use Browser: Chrome (even though it shows Firefox afterwards, that's another bug here!)

Opening Chrome from Safari and loading the page works exactly every other time, as shown in the video.

I use 3 Finger Tap + Option key as a trigger to run these actions. Tried disabling all 3 Finger Tap defaults on macOS but it did not help.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
MacBook Trackpad

Screenshots

Video

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro 2020 M1 13"
  • macOS version: 12.1
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.711

It might be too fast and the URL might not yet be processed in the clipboard yet. Try to add a little delay after the context menu action.

Now it doesn't work at all. It's so strange. After I removed the delay, it mostly worked. Are we able to trace the issue somehow?

I think I found the issue.

%@ by default is replaced by the current selection, or if there is no selection - by the current clipboard content. Right clicking a link also causes it to become selected, which causes issues then.

In v3.712 I fixed the browser selection issue you posted above and I added a new variable {CLIPBOARD_CONTENT} that you can use instead. However I also needed to add a delay to make it work reliably.

@Andreas_Hegenberg awesome! Fixed, thanks!

@Andreas_Hegenberg {CLIPBOARD_CONTENT} saved my day, but it was really hard to find information about it, it's nowhere documented and that thread is the only place where it's mentioned. Can we modify the description from:

Enter the URL to open. %@ will be replaced with the currently selected text or the content of your clipboard. You can also use BTT variables by putting them in curly braces e.g. {BTT_OPENED_URL}

to something like:

Enter the URL to open. %@ will be replaced with the currently selected text or the content of your clipboard. You can also use BTT variables by putting them in curly braces e.g. {BTT_OPENED_URL}, {CLIPBOARD_CONTENT}