Action "Open URL With Selection" run Chrome every other time

Describe the bug
I have configured the action "Open URL With Selection" in a way to run Chrome with currently copied URL by adding two actions.

First one is "Trigger Context Menu Item" with a Copy Link (from ctx menu in Safari when right-clicking on a link) and the second one is "Open URL With Selection" with URL set to "%@". I clicked on Use Browser: Chrome (even though it shows Firefox afterwards, that's another bug here!)

Opening Chrome from Safari and loading the page works exactly every other time, as shown in the video.

I use 3 Finger Tap + Option key as a trigger to run these actions. Tried disabling all 3 Finger Tap defaults on macOS but it did not help.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
MacBook Trackpad

Screenshots

Video

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro 2020 M1 13"
  • macOS version: 12.1
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.711

It might be too fast and the URL might not yet be processed in the clipboard yet. Try to add a little delay after the context menu action.

Now it doesn't work at all. It's so strange. After I removed the delay, it mostly worked. Are we able to trace the issue somehow?

I think I found the issue.

%@ by default is replaced by the current selection, or if there is no selection - by the current clipboard content. Right clicking a link also causes it to become selected, which causes issues then.

In v3.712 I fixed the browser selection issue you posted above and I added a new variable {CLIPBOARD_CONTENT} that you can use instead. However I also needed to add a delay to make it work reliably.

@Andreas_Hegenberg awesome! Fixed, thanks!

Imprint | Privacy Policy