About the Discussion & Questions category

Here you can discuss anything that is remotely connected to BetterTouchTool. Ask questions etc.

Note: Don't post requests that contain your private data here (e.g. license related issues). Please send an e-mail to andreas@folivora.ai for such issues.

Hello boy!Recently, I found that the power consumption of the computer increased during sleep, so I checked the system log and found that the bettertouchtool woke up the system every two times in the early morning when the computer was sleeping. I could not solve this problem by turning off the wifi of the computer and sleeping. So how to turn off the function of bettertouchtool to wake up the system when the computer is sleeping?

Below is part of my system log
Aug 12 00:02:49 MacBook-Pro syslogd[103]: ASL Sender Statistics
Aug 12 00:02:49 MacBook-Pro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.hegenberg.BetterTouchTool.27232[8702]): Service exited due to SIGTERM | sent by BTTRelaunch[8718]
Aug 12 00:02:50 MacBook-Pro xpcproxy[8728]: libcoreservices: _dirhelper_userdir: 557: bootstrap_look_up returned (ipc/send) invalid destination port
Aug 12 00:02:50 MacBook-Pro xpcproxy[8729]: libcoreservices: _dirhelper_userdir: 557: bootstrap_look_up returned (ipc/send) invalid destination port
Aug 12 00:02:51 MacBook-Pro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.hegenberg.BetterTouchToolAppleScriptRunner[8709]): Service exited due to SIGKILL | sent by BetterTouchToolAppleScriptRunner[8709]
Aug 12 00:02:51 MacBook-Pro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.hegenberg.BTTRelaunch.27240[8718]): Service exited due to SIGTERM | sent by BetterTouchTool[8727]
Aug 12 00:17:52 MacBook-Pro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.hegenberg.BetterTouchTool.27232[8727]): Service exited due to SIGTERM | sent by BTTRelaunch[8741]
Aug 12 00:17:52 MacBook-Pro syslogd[103]: ASL Sender Statistics
Aug 12 00:17:53 MacBook-Pro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.hegenberg.BetterTouchToolAppleScriptRunner[8735]): Service exited due to SIGKILL | sent by BetterTouchToolAppleScriptRunner[8735]

It looks like bettertouchtool keeps failing and crashing!How can I solve this problem?

When I look BetterTouchTool menu under the menu bar icon, the second line says "BetterTouchTool is currently disabled (see below)". When I look below, I see no further info. What should I be looking for?

„Below“ there is the „enable BetterTouchTool for...“ menu item which allows you to enable BTT again (unless your trial is over or you haven’t activated a valid license for the installed BTT version )

Thanks. That worked. I guess when I saw "see below" I figured there was a place I should be looking for a more expansive explanation of the message.

But why might it have become disabled? It had been working and has a valid license.

The version on Setapp is 3.570 and is out of date, are there plans to update the version on Setapp?

it’s not out of date, it’s the current stable release.
There will be a new stable release together with the macOS Monterey release in about 2 weeks.

Thank you!

Hi. I’m about to purchase BTT but can anyone confirm if it is possible to save and restore window layouts across multiple spaces on Mac? Thanks.

This is not possible unfortunately. macOS only allows to move/resize windows on currently active spaces

Okay. Thank you!