A two finger tap on the integrated trackpad of my MBP does not trigger a secondary click when BTT is enabled

The 2-finger tap on the built-in trackpad of my MacBook should trigger a secondary click (right-click) (that's how it's configured in System Preferences), but does nothing.

If I disable BTT, it works. It also works "selectively", e.g. if I disable BTT only for the Finder, then the 2-finger tap (right-click) works in the Finder, but nowhere else.

I have already restarted the system, as well as BTT.

I usually use a USB mouse, but it makes no difference whether the mouse is plugged in or not.
Since I use the mouse 90% of the time, I only noticed it today. So can't say since when the error exists. I can say, however, that it does not occur on my MacBook Pro 2015 running macOS Mojave 10.14.6.

My currently used device on which the error occurs: MacBook Pro 16" 2021 M1 Max.
Operating system version: macOS Monterey 12.1
BTT version: 3.697 (1832)

I attach my used BTT configuration.
Default.bttpreset (17.6 KB)

I'm not on my computer, but I'd assume you might have configured a right click trigger in the normal mouse section in BTT

Thank you for your quick reply, Andreas.
Yes, you are right:

I need this configuration for the buttons of my Evoluent Vertical Mouse, because Evoluent cannot provide a driver for macOS Catalina and higher and recommends USB Overdrive, which I do not want to install:
"Evoluent Mouse Manager for VerticalMouse 4, C and D, OS X 10.15 and newer:
Due to recent Mac OS update, our driver must be updated to maintain compatibility. We need a driver development kit from Apple but they have not replied to our request even after repeated emails. Therefore our driver development is unable to proceed."

But my configuration for the mouse buttons should not affect the function of the internal trackpad, right?

Unfortunately the standard mouse events are the same for all pointing devices, but you can check the option to only work on the device it was recorded with

Hm, I had BTT record the pressing of the mouse buttons and assigned the respective action to it. Do I understand it correctly that there is an option so that these actions are performed only with the mouse?

Yes there should be, I can check when I'm back at my computer!

Thank you! There is no hurry, I'm glad when this option is available and it works. Take your time.

Hello Andreas,

I have found a relatively simple workaround:

1. disable the secondary click/right click for the trackpad in the macOS system preferences.
  2. create a trigger in BTT for the trackpad: 2 Finger Tap.
  3. assign the action "right click".

This way, the right click works with both the mouse and the trackpad.